• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Millions Missing 2022

Pyrrhus

#MillionsMissing 2022 Will Be In Two Parts
https://www.meaction.net/2022/02/08/millionsmissing2022-will-be-in-2parts/

MEAction said:
This year, we are excited to announce that #MillionsMissing will be held in two parts: May and September!

#MillionsMissing is about demonstrating our community’s collective refusal to let the stories of people with ME be erased, or access to healthcare and medical research blocked. We protest against all barriers to justice for the growing community of people with ME, including those affected by Long COVID and other complex chronic conditions.

In May, we will focus on coming together virtually to celebrate our vibrant community through support, art, and empowerment.

In September, our goal will be to gather in person, in ways that are safe to do so, and use the power of our collective action to win widespread attention for the health justice we all need.

Pyrrhus

#MILLIONSMISSING GLOBAL VIRTUAL EVENT
https://www.meaction.net/event/millionsmissing-global-virtual-event/

MAY 12 @ 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
#MEAction’s #MillionsMissing Global Virtual Event on May 12th at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm UK! Join ME community members and change makers for this amazing event. The event will be an opportunity for our community to gather to experience the stories of those with ME, gain insight from doctors and researchers, connect with those living with Long COVID, and be galvanized to change the narrative and continue the fight for the #MillionsMissing.

We can’t wait to see you there!

10am PT, 1pm ET, 6pm BST

We will be updating the speakers list and providing the Zoom link in the coming weeks!

Pyrrhus

1651956587286.png

https://www.meaction.net/event/millionsmissing-global-virtual-event/

MAY 12 @ 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT (1pm ET, 6pm BST)
#MEAction’s #MillionsMissing Global Virtual Event on May 12th at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm UK! Join ME community members and change makers for this amazing event. The event will be an opportunity for our community to gather to experience the stories of those with ME, gain insight from doctors and researchers, connect with those living with Long COVID, and be galvanized to change the narrative and continue the fight for the #MillionsMissing.
[...]
#MEAction is pleased to announce our keynote speakers:

Rebecca Cokley, Program Officer, U.S. Disability Rights at Ford Foundation
Ed Yong, Science Writer at The Atlantic
Omar Wasow, Professor and Activist

In addition, here are more powerhouses who will be sharing their story with us:

Jill Hinson, #MEAction Co-Chair of #MEAction Board
JD Davids, #MEAction Boardmember and Activist
Netia McCray, author/speaker/professor/ host
Ashanti Daniel, ME Activist
Terri Wilder, ME and HIV Activist
Karima Rahman, #MEAction Scotland Volunteer
Adam Lowe, #MEAction UK Volunteer
Rivka Solomon, ME Activist
Jaime Seltzer, #MEAction’s Director of Scientific & Medical Outreach
Adriane Tillman, #MEAction’s Public Relations Manager
Ben HsuBorger, #MEAction’s U.S Advocacy Director
Jennifer Curtin, MD, physician at Center for Complex Diseases
Angela Meriquez Vázquez, President of Body Politic
Karyn Bishof, President & Founder of COVID-19 Longhaulers Advocacy Project
Lisa McCorkell, Patient Led Research Collaborative
Erica Hayes, Long Covid Families
Cynthia Adinig, ME and Long COVID advocate

Pyrrhus

The CDC's National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID) is even sharing some stories for the occasion.
https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/patient-stories/index.html

This series highlights people with ME/CFS in their own voices. These stories are from women and men, from people still working and those who can no longer work, from patients and caregivers, and from people of different ages and racial and ethnic groups. We are honored they have chosen to share their stories.

Also:

Last edited: