• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mifepristone for ME/CFS? (NK Cell Function / HPA Reset)

See page 1 of this thread.
Uh that price :(

-Wait am I reading this right. It's 1$ a gram? 10$ for 10gram + shipping. that's not that much at all or am i reading this wrong. First read and thought it was 1$ per MG.

Last edited:

Hip

Mifepristone is around $100 for 10 grams of powder on ec21.com, but please see the warnings of the adverse effects I experienced when trying this drug (search my posts for info).

Hip

Wow :(. I wonder what 600mg would had done to you.

Yeah, I am just glad I cautiously tried lower doses first, just in case adverse effects did appear.

The very first mifepristone dose I tried was just 100 mg as a single one-off test, and I did not notice much from that. So then about 6 weeks later I moved up to 250 mg, again taken as a single one-off dose. I was not really expecting much to happen on that dose either; I thought I'd only start to see effects once I hit the 600 mg daily dose level for several days in a row, which is what I was aiming at.

But the 250 mg dose caused me substantial mental health side effects. So I don't think I will touch mifepristone again.

I've also had adverse mental health side effects from other drugs and supplements, but usually the effects disappear within a day or so once you stop the meds. But because mifepristone causes this reset of the system, I guess that's why it's effects, good or bad, are much longer lasting.

If the effects you get from mifepristone are beneficial, then it's great that they are long-lasting; but if you are unlucky enough to get adverse effects like I did, then the fact that these last a long time is not so good. But I am perhaps an unusual case, as my ME/CFS and mental health symptoms appeared after a viral brain infection which caused some mild brain damage (ie, some personality change and some loss of mental faculties). So my brain is perhaps more delicate than most, and maybe that's why I got these adverse effects.