• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Microdose psilocybin

Lieselotte

@maddietod I have been meaning to try this too (seems all the rage atm).
I was able to snag 2 200mg micro-doses last year. I'm not sure I could tell that anything was happening lol. BUT, I think that is the idea. You don't want to 'trip'. Perhaps I was a little more creative one day? I think it would take a longer trial to know for sure. It's not legal where I am either, so need to figure out how to do so...:monocle:

Someone told me that microdosing LSD was better than shrooms. Really not sure how I would get my hands on that o_O

YippeeKi YOW !!

I've read a whole boatload of articles about it, and Terrence McKenna wrote about it at soe length, altho tht was before the age of micro-dosing, Nonetheless, the info intrigued me deeply, and still does ....

Then this flucking headtwisting little tornado of an illness hit me, and any courage for trying smething that radical went out the window.

At least I think it did. I was semi-comatose and a totally bedbound, plasmic lump, so it could have stolen the family silver and the sheets I was lying in and I wouldn't have noticed ....

maddietod

@maddietod I have been meaning to try this too (seems all the rage atm).
I was able to snag 2 200mg micro-doses last year. I'm not sure I could tell that anything was happening lol. BUT, I think that is the idea. You don't want to 'trip'. Perhaps I was a little more creative one day? I think it would take a longer trial to know for sure. It's not legal where I am either, so need to figure out how to do so...:monocle:

Someone told me that microdosing LSD was better than shrooms. Really not sure how I would get my hands on that o_O

Back in the day, I hated LSD but enjoyed my 3 experiences with psilocybin.

I thought a microdose was 35mg?** I'll have to go look again. I'm not interested in tripping. I think the idea is to find a dose just under what you would notice, and take it every 3 days. Johns Hopkins has been studying psilocybin, but I can't find a link to their microdose study.

** I looked it up, and the average microdose is .3 grams.

Last edited:

maddietod

I've read a whole boatload of articles about it, and Terrence McKenna wrote about it at soe length, altho tht was before the age of micro-dosing, Nonetheless, the info intrigued me deeply, and still does ....

Then this flucking headtwisting little tornado of an illness hit me, and any courage for trying smething that radical went out the window.

At least I think it did. I was semi-comatose and a totally bedbound, plasmic lump, so it could have stolen the family silver and the sheets I was lying in and I wouldn't have noticed ....

Yeah, I get this. I'll try anything that can't hurt me, that might help...and that's an interesting line to continuously rediscover.

I don't do well with psychoactive anything, but I get better pain relief from a salve that's 5 CBD:1 THC than any other topical. The 1:1 doesn't work at all. This got me thinking about microdosing, as in all areas I seem to react/respond to very small doses of whatever.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

DMT is the primary hallucinogen in ayahuasca, and can be pretty potent and destabilizing, so do a little digging before you decide to give it a shot, which I know y'all would do anyway, but it makes me feel better to mention the obvious.

Know your source of supply. If a mistake is made and what you get is more potent or a larger dose than you expected or wanted, it could feel like a loooong night.

And remember that we're all different, so someone else's great healing experience may or may not have any bearing on what DMT will do for you. Or to you. Or around and about you.

This can be expanded to apply to any hallucinogen, because a mind, however boggy and fogged, is a terrible thing to lose, bruise, dent, damage, crack, abrade, or bust ....

There. I can sleep better now ....

PS .... Would love to hear from anyone here who's tried DMT, and how it worked, or didnt, for them .... Thanks for posting that Reddit @hmnr asg

Rufous McKinney

PS .... Would love to hear from anyone here who's tried DMT, and how it worked, or didnt, for them .... Thanks for posting that Reddit @hmnr asg

DMT- from the toad.... thats a serious, very very serious experience, short duration. Ten, fifteen minutes.

I've been around folks experimenting with this. I didn't want to. Like I said, extremely fast, quick and fully intense experience. You might meet some being you've not met before.

That was a tiny dose experience, already, from what I could tell. One puff experience. Perhaps there is some "micro" level of that dose, but already it was a very small amount.

hmnr asg

DMT- from the toad.... thats a serious, very very serious experience, short duration. Ten, fifteen minutes.

I think you are confusing the two different DMTs together. One is regular DMT from plants:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine

And the one from toads is 5-MeO-DMT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DMT

And I definitely agree that the one that is derived from toads is not to be messed with!

I don't mind if this discussion wanders around some, but I'm only interested in non-psychotropic dosing of psilocybin. Anything that stresses my over-reactive brain sounds like a terrible idea.
The reddit post i mentioned was microdosing DMT at non-psychoactive doses.

Rufous McKinney

I think you are confusing the two different DMTs together.

I would not expect plant sources to be the same chemistry as toad sources. I"m only familiar with toad.

I am going to try a psilocybin microdosing...I intend to, take a very TINY bit. like: homeopathic.

my N=1 experiments are very slow to be executed.

Rufous McKinney

Anything that stresses my over-reactive brain sounds like a terrible idea.

agree....

My doctor wanted me to try Modafinil. The narcolepsy nootropic. One of his patients loves her Modafinl.

I took half a dose. My big grand experiment 2 years ago. I felt odd, and it gave me a mildish headache but I hate headaches. It made me feel a tiny bit more alert to the illness, a state I don't enjoy. I also immediately overdid it, overriding personal PEM warnings.

the kitchen floor is dirty. Clean it, right now. EGAD no.

I would suspect a micro dose might be similar.

hmnr asg

I am going to try a psilocybin microdosing...I intend to, take a very TINY bit. like: homeopathic.

my N=1 experiments are very slow to be executed.
I am going to try a few different psychedelics soon on my next trip to Canada (its a lot more relaxed there than US and I have connections there).
I am planning to try this DMT and psylocibin as well, both at micro and macro dose.
The “machine elves” are those DMT beings I’ve heard about from more than one person
Maybe the elves will have some answers for CFS :D

I will come back and report my findings in a few months.