• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mexican Oregano for MCAS: is powder or dried leaf is best?

MCASMike

Just noticed that celery see is also quite high in luteolin, so that's another option, especially if you don't like the oregano type taste.

Strawberry

Powdered is probably just powdered leaf, but it may lose its potency faster. I would say it depends on how you intend to take it.

Interesting post and link, thank you.

MCASMike

Powdered is probably just powdered leaf, but it may lose its potency faster. I would say it depends on how you intend to take it.

Interesting post and link, thank you.

You're welcome. And yes, I recieved the powdered form and it seems to be finely ground leaf. I should be getting the ground celery seed soon so I'll update here after i try it.

MCASMike

I found some celery seeds and used them in the tea mix I've been making (including green tea and Mexican oregano), and I couldn't really taste them, so this might be excellent for MCAS people who really dislike the taste of oregano.