• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEQ of Potassium Conversion Help

Hey,

I can't locate any potassium isolations in local stores, and will take a few weeks to get a delivery from the US. Can somebody tell me how many mg of potassium is contained in these electrolyte sachets, hopefully they will do while I wait.

Thanks
Ollie

unnamed.jpg

Gingergrrl

I can't remember how to do the calculation but I take a prescription Potassium supplement (Klor Con) that is 20 MEQ and I think it is equal to around 770 mg. So the amount in your packet is very small. There are conversion calculators on-line and I just searched Google but couldn't find one that worked (but you might have better luck than I did).

Gingergrrl

According to this converter @YippeeKi YOW !! wins the trophy!:D

Yay @YippeeKi YOW !! :trophy::trophy::trophy:...

It is so weird @ljimbo423 b/c I found the exact chart that you posted above on Google but when I plugged in the numbers, absolutely nothing happened and I just got zeros. So I didn't want to post it for the original poster and have it not work. None of these things ever work for me :bang-head:... and I had no idea how to do the conversion in my head without the chart :D!

ljimbo423

Yay @YippeeKi YOW !! :trophy::trophy::trophy:...

It is so weird @ljimbo423 b/c I found the exact chart that you posted above on Google but when I plugged in the numbers, absolutely nothing happened and I just got zeros. So I didn't want to post it for the original poster and have it not work. None of these things ever work for me :bang-head:... and I had no idea how to do the conversion in my head without the chart :D!

I went back to try the converter again and couldn't get it to work either and couldn't figure out how i did it the first time!:lol:

I finally figured out that you need to put in the number you want to convert, then click in the mg box and the conversion number appears. i also have absolutely no idea how to convert meq to mg either, without the converter.

Gingergrrl

I finally figured out that you need to put in the number you want to convert, then click in the mg box and the conversion number appears.

Wow, thank you and that worked! So my Potassium 20 MEQ pill that I take every night is approx 780 mg. And oddly, I still often test low on Potassium on blood tests!

i also have absolutely no idea how to convert meq to mg either, without the converter.

That is good to hear b/c you are much smarter than I am :nerd:

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Gingergrrl, @ljimbo423
According to this converter @YippeeKi YOW !! wins the trophy!:D
Wow !!! Grateful for the trophies :redface:, but I'm stunned, because I did that conversion laboriously in my head (if 20mEq = 770 mgs, (like you, from an old bottle of electrolyte stuff for DB), then 10mEq would be 385 mgs, etc etc etc), four times before I got the same answer twice. Fortunately, it was the right one.

@ljimbo423
Bless you to infinity for posting that conversion link!!! It will make future life much much easier. :love: