• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medication wish list. Meds id like to try if price was no object

frozenborderline

Mineral hot springs in combination with good air, correct toxin binders (since the heat and silica displaces metals I believe) and also just for longer more consistent times . I've had mineral hot springs in nm and they are one of the best treatments but its necessary to do it a lot )

The ones in the Virginia and west Virginia mountains seem to be in a possibly pristine area and if I could live in west Virginia mountains and go go the hot springs often I think if would help me a lot

Indoor baths don't work bc indoor air worsens my pots. Outdoor hot tubs help w pain and relaxation a bit but not the deep healing from hot springs

frozenborderline

Memantine
Memantine seems to be helping w tolerance but I would really like to try higher doses. I'm pretty sure the person who totally reset their tolerance used doses 4 times what I use. I also really want to work on getting A custom synthesis of one of the glycine site specific nmda antagonists, the ones besides xenon, like glyx13 or the other ones ... Need to look on the diScord to see if anyone is interested. The glycine site specific nmda antagonists have such a High priority. Unless its the trek channel or other ion channel stuff, glycine site nmda antagonism is how xenon is able to work its magic without the harm that , for example, ketamine causes. And besides rat and maybe one or two human studies there's not much in the other ones besides xenon in that class. Nmda is involved in everything from upregulation in brain injury like the stretch injury in cci, to pain and opioid tolerance , to mood, to modulating glutamate which is released in excess in response to biotoxins. I believe people have underrated the importance of nmda antagonists in treating me/cfs bc the non glycine site ones come with so many side effects vs and aren't as incredibly Neuro protective

frozenborderline

Intravenous lidocaine. So, it's a purinergic receptor antagonist (like suramin) , an nmda antagonist , and iirc sodium channels blocker ? Local anesthetic that some have used systemically with miraculous effects

frozenborderline

Not a med but i think accessibility devices that let me type and look at screens without hurting my neck and whole being totally flat would be worth a lot. I do do much damage in terms of PEM AND PAIN by all the typing and looking at screens