• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEDICAL SEXISM IN HEALTHCARE IS REAL ... Two new article entries in contest for worst diagnostician of the year....

YippeeKi YOW !!

SOME NEW ENTRIES IN OUR 'WORST DIAGNOSTICIANS OF THE YEAR' CONTEST ....

5 women whose symptoms like stomach pain and headaches turned out to be stage 4 cancer
https://www.yahoo.com/news/5-women-whose-symptoms-stomach-110000847.html

Delayed cancer diagnoses and what patients wished they or their clinicians had done differently to catch it sooner. Here are five of their stories.

3 women with cancer who were dismissed by doctors for being 'too young'
https://news.yahoo.com/3-women-cancer-were-dismissed-150000420.html

Ashley Teague – clinicians dismissed her symptoms as irritable bowel syndrome, telling the 28-year-old photographer and mom in Indianapolis that she "looked healthy" and was "too young" for a colonoscopy.

Katie Coleman — eight doctors dismissed her complaints as anxiety, and put her on anti-anxiety medication. "Two doctors told me I was too young for cancer when I asked. It made me feel like a hypochondriac,"

Chloe Girardier — she was given antibiotics, inhalers, and acid reflux tablets, but her symptoms didn't change. Girardier started losing weight, too. After five months and seven doctors appointments, Girardier said she insisted on a chest X-ray. The scan revealed a 4.25-inch mass in her chest that turned out to be Hodgkin's lymphoma.

PS TO THE MOD SQUAD ... I already posted this in the thread that all my entries on this subject were moved to .... am posting this one because, as I argued would probably happen, no one reads that thread any more ...