• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEaction summary of David Tuller's piece on the FINE Trial

DanME

Here's a summary (645 words) of the piece by journalist David Tuller on the FINE Trial that came out earlier this week: "Trial By Error, Continued: Why has the PACE Study’s “Sister Trial” been “Disappeared” and Forgotten?"

The FINE Trial involved nurses coming to people's homes to "treat" them.

http://www.meaction.net/2015/11/10/pace-trials-sister-study-overlooked/

Interesting and obnoxious. I have never heard about the FINE trial. Another 1,3 Million £ wasted and used for a trial, which was based on a very shaky and absurd hypothesis (the whole "it's in your mind", "you decondition, because of your false believe in a severe illness").

The worst is, that they always try to fiddle with the data and cannot even accept their own study design or their own end points.

As I have said before, that's not bad science, but anti science. People responsible for it, should be expelled.