• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction Protest of CFSAC Shutdown 14 Sept 2018 Washington, DC

jesse's mom

BUT Why, do we really live in a free country? GRRR
This is me not being too political, but good grief!
1st amendment rights?

Gemini

Gemini

#MEAction is organizing a protest of the CFSAC Shutdown at HHS HQ in Washington, DC on Friday 14 Sept :

https://my.meaction.net/events/protest-cfsac-shutdown-tell-hhs-we-will-not-be-silenced
ALERT: #MEAction has canceled the in-person protest on Friday 14 Sept due to the hurricane expected that day. It will be re-scheduled at a later date.

The "Virtual" protest listed above will take place, however.

@Ben HsuBorger, do you have phone and e-mail contacts for HHS Secretary Azar yet?

Gemini

@Ben HsuBorger, do you have phone and e-mail contacts for HHS Secretary Azar yet?
Reply from @Ben HsuBorger:

We're holding off on a coordinated email and phone campaign because of Hurricane Florence, but we'll mobilize for this at another time soon. You can still send an email to him now if you want though.

What we are asking people to do is take action on Social media and help get the narrative out there that CFSAC mission has not been accomplished and the community stands in solidarity and opposition to this. We need to build momentum.

For more info see this page:
https://www.meaction.net/2018/09/07/how-to-protest-hhs-with-meaction/

Ben