• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Interview(s) on Canadian TV

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
I know there is major XMRV stuff going on this week, but maybe some of you can catch a non mainstream TV interview broadcast 2:00 EDT Monday AUg 23. They usually post shows shortly afterwards on http://ctstv.com/ontario
Dr Alison Bested is the Canadian I think of when hear Canadian Consensus CFS/ME definition. When Dr Bell was in Toronto earlier this year he joined the podium with her. She is the undisputed hero for ME patients in Toronto area. Has published two books on ME. Been a key part of my current (knock on wood) 80% remission.
She is a practical practitioner first (kind of like Bateman except with no Singh) who blends Western medicine with an open mind to alternative treatments. Lately she's rolled up her sleeves and found time to lead on the activism part, to get Govt attention. She has a lot of things to say and I'd love to find ways for it to reach more people... in Canada, everywhere.

I am also personally plugging this a bit because she has agreed to do an interview for a university radio show I do and then try to spread the link. We agreed that we could do a follow up to this TV episode and I would try and invite additional questions. I sense that she doesn't want to guess where the latest research is headed but rather focus how to best cope with what's available now.

The MEAO is sort of Ontario's much smaller/younger version of the CFAIDS Assoc America.

I will try and get a copy of the TV show and store it on my blog (and then add a link here, or figure out how to use the Blog section of P.R.)

Also, I would be happy to hear comments from this forum about who's interested in such local proceedings in Canuck-land.

Watch “Health on the Line, a Phone-in live Television show”

On Monday, August 23rd, from 2-3 p.m. Dr. Alison Bested and Jeanne Samonas, President of the MEAO, will be the guests on the television show “Health on the Line”.
The topic is ME/FM/MCS: Problems with Access to Medical Care.
To find CTS in your area, please see the list at the end of this message.
You can participate by calling in your questions throughout the show – place your call early.
Here are the phone-in numbers for three areas:
Phone in Lines: Province-Wide: 1-866-956-5555; Toronto area: 416-203-0302;
905 Area: 905-332-3131

After the show, it may be placed on their website. Just go to: http://ctstv.com/ontario and find the videos for “Health on the Line” and watch it over the Internet.

Chris

Rafael, tried to find the show on that website, and failed--the nearest title was On the Line and I could not find it there; we Canadians should get more active--I did post a bit on the Canadian section of that other forum, but gave up after a while; this place is so much more alive and informed. BC is currently a total desert--you are lucky to have Alison Bested. There are quite a lot of Canadians on this forum, but we do not seem to have bonded together into a useful group. I shall watch for your blog. Best, Chris

alice1

there is a canadian site called 'all canada group me/cfs community' and they are very on top of what is or what's not going on.several of them are patients of dr.klimas.
check them out,i think you'd be pleased.

Rafael

XMRV+ Member
Chris; Yeah, it was the 2:00 "On The Line" ... I guess they have sub-species of this family of shows.
I don't have TV so I was going to try and get it from their site also.
They have their "on-line player" where you can pick shows that have past ... but alas ... they are about 10 days behind in popping them up there.
I'm gonna contact them and see if they won't let me post it up myself ... right away.

Thanks Alice. I signed up.. see you there.

I know it was posted elsewhere the Canadian Researchers comments published beside the Alter paper http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/08/16/1007944107
Aggressively arguing for trials - interesting.

sensing progress

there is a canadian site called 'all canada group me/cfs community' and they are very on top of what is or what's not going on.several of them are patients of dr.klimas.
check them out,i think you'd be pleased.

what is the website for this group please? I googled it but didn't find it.