• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS "theory of everything"/etiology

Davsey27

Interesting Debrored what do you think of DNRS for these symptoms triggered by toxins?

Davsey27

Totally worthless. Total quackery.

Interested there is a part of me that has wondered if this is a cult and then another part that has seen testimonials on YouTube and wonder if they are trying to program the mind in a way to react to the the Mcas/mold is this in line with Navieux's theory of trauma quieting the cell danger response mechanism

I ran into a woman who recovered in the bay area with doing lots of sauna and DNRS

frozenborderline

Interested there is a part of me that has wondered if this is a cult and then another part that has seen testimonials on YouTube and wonder if they are trying to program the mind in a way to react to the the Mcas/mold is this in line with Navieux's theory of trauma quieting the cell danger response mechanism

I ran into a woman who recovered in the bay area with doing lots of sauna and DNRS
This is a totally misread of cell danger response and naviauxs work. Cells in a dish react to "stressors" without having brains , DNrs wouldn't work for them

Davsey27

This is a totally misread of cell danger response and naviauxs work. Cells in a dish react to "stressors" without having brains , DNrs wouldn't work for them

I hear you Debrored

Seems like you are not taking the disability route and still managing

How do you get by my friend?

Still new to this stuff myself.I believe there are anecdotes of the limbic system stuff helping but others didnt respond.

It's hard to say.Maybe neuroplasticity works for some and not others.I know that some required cci surgery like Brea and this is probably evidence of a physical mechanism.200 bucks for a program seems pricey I dont know.

Positive thinking,visualizations,etc. may be good
I get temporarily relief from mast cell dampeners
Lorazapam,valium relatively low doses.May not be good long term but with Me nothing is guaranteed

As well as not ignoring science

Appreciate it Debrored

Wishful

Do abrupt periods of temporary remission (switching state from full ME to full health over a period of minutes) fit your theory?

I haven't noticed any neck/spinal issues. I expect that's a subgroup of ME, rather than a common issue with all PWME.

If toxins are a significant factor in ME, I'd expect more fluctuation with changes in the victim's environment. I've made drastic changes in my environment (moved from city to remote woods, major dietary changes) and not noticed a change in my ME, so I don't think a toxin is involved.

frozenborderline

Do abrupt periods of temporary remission (switching state from full ME to full health over a period of minutes) fit your theory?

I haven't noticed any neck/spinal issues. I expect that's a subgroup of ME, rather than a common issue with all PWME.

If toxins are a significant factor in ME, I'd expect more fluctuation with changes in the victim's environment. I've made drastic changes in my environment (moved from city to remote woods, major dietary changes) and not noticed a change in my ME, so I don't think a toxin is involved.
I will answer this more in full later. Not trying to avoid criticism but writing this crashed me a lot and my cci has gotten way worse recently , perhaps requiring emergency surgery , and so I have to pace myself with discussion.

As a quick note though, I'll say two things: 1) despite the title , I dont actually think any one theory can encompass every single person diagnosed with this disease, I wanted to be reasonably parsimonious and 2) issues like cci and brainstem inflammation from toxic exposure can manifest in relatively subtle ways.

Rufous McKinney

(switching state from full ME to full health over a period of minutes)

I can continue to believe something called remission...exists.

But there could not possibly be a return to full health in minutes for some of us who- have been ill with versions of this for decades. My fingerprints do not- seem to reappear.

despite the title , I dont actually think any one theory can encompass every single person diagnosed with this disease, I wanted to be reasonably parsimonious

Just put Asterisk on Paragraph 1: exceptions will apply.

There is no sentence you can write about this that somebody won't indicate it does not apply to them.

And since we have no consistent diagnostics still, who does this apply to- is a moving target.

Its still worthwhile to ponder.

frozenborderline

My fingerprints do not- seem to reappear.
Did you know Paul Cheney reported that in his original Tahoe patients they lost their fingerprints? He did biopsy and find some inflammation and immune cells in the collagen I think.

I haven't had this but its interesting in terms of general collagen stuff

@JenB @jeff_w @Hip will try and find the fingerprints stuff

Davsey27

Debrored i like your ideas

The stuff you talk about mirrors some of Dr Klinghardts works in some ways.

There are clinics in Mexico if you can crowfund a few grand perhaps gets some treatment for mold,biotoxin,heavy metal detoxes

https://www.sanoviv.com/about-sanoviv/

Yeah I hear you on the cci and brainstem.Seems like
you have some objective clues towards elements that may be contributing and cause your ME.

Are you considering getting the CCI surgery?