• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS patient goes into remission after taking "elixir of youth" GDF11

@beatsmyth Thanks for your reply. I had read your previous posts and was wondering how you were. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well!

It looks like you have been taking the GDF-11 for two years now. Any negatives to report or have you only noticed benefits?

I was especially concerned about more recent research showing a cachexia/sarcopenic effect of GDF-11 on skeletal and heart muscle. I realize this may have to do with the dosing and that Steve Perry's "study group" has generally reported improved health markers, but it has given me pause.
To be quite honest, the cachexia/sarcopenic effects are both controversial and negligible compared to the abundance of positives it does for the human body as can be seen on the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDF11

Also most importantly is that I do a low dose of it which is also twice a week and I take breaks, like a weak off every other month. Most importantly for myself is that I have found the exact same effects from it as the original author. I have more physical stamina, energy, less nervous system nerve pain, I detox so fast from it if I have some wine or beer with dinner (I drink 2 glasses of wine or beers because the alcohol actually soothes my nerves that have been painful for 15 years now) and the GDF11 makes sure there are no hangovers or toxic effects from the alcohol. I am doing cardio now too 2 to 3 times per week and the GDF11 is truly a Godsend along with the various peptides im taking regularly now as well.

The original bottle I bought is 3 year supply if I was to take a daily low dose, but since taking only twice a week, I can stretch it to 6-8 years and the original author stated that it still stays stable from its original reconstitution years later, so thats pretty cool. Also have given the same GDF11 to my mother and grandmother as well and they are experiencing positive benefits as well, so this one is a keeper in my health regimen unless some new study was to come out and find that there are even worse sides or worse potentials, like stated early, the benefits outweigh the risk in low dose administration.

I have found another low dose supplement, cant speak of it yet as I am testing a second round of it for 2nd month of dosing and doing some lab tests as well on blood and all the standard minerals and other levels, but I have found something that is absolutely magical and extremely powerful which has been the best supplement I have ever taken for all my CFS symptoms, has completely gotten rid of brain fog, anhedonia, tiredness, dullness, depression, etc. I am just wanting to make sure I can do a few months worth of runs with this on myself before sharing anything here with the community.

Shanti1

Administrator
Also most importantly is that I do a low dose of it which is also twice a week and I take breaks, like a weak off every other month. Most importantly for myself is that I have found the exact same effects from it as the original author. I have more physical stamina, energy, less nervous system nerve pain, I detox so fast from it if I have some wine or beer with dinner (I drink 2 glasses of wine or beers because the alcohol actually soothes my nerves that have been painful for 15 years now) and the GDF11 makes sure there are no hangovers or toxic effects from the alcohol. I am doing cardio now too 2 to 3 times per week and the GDF11 is truly a Godsend along with the various peptides im taking regularly now as well.

Thanks for reporting back, it's really valuable to hear your experience. I am going to continue to experiment with the GDF-11 and the frequency that works for me. I have to admit that when I don't use it too many days in a row, I feel shockingly better the day I inject it.
I also use BPC-157 and have a few others I'm working with as well.

The original bottle I bought is 3 year supply if I was to take a daily low dose, but since taking only twice a week, I can stretch it to 6-8 years and the original author stated that it still stays stable from its original reconstitution years later, so thats pretty cool.

Are you keeping the original bottle in the fridge reconstituted with bacteriostatic water?
I ended up freezing my "Master bottle" and breaking my more diluted "secondary bottle" into many small sterile vials, which I also froze. Yesterday, I took one of them out of the freezer and used it for my injection. The immediate response indicated that the freezing was not an issue. I haven't calculated it out but, at the rate I am using it, it will also last me many years as long as it stays potent.

If you don't mind my asking, what dose are your currently injecting?

I have found another low dose supplement, cant speak of it yet as I am testing a second round of it for 2nd month of dosing and doing some lab tests as well on blood and all the standard minerals and other levels, but I have found something that is absolutely magical and extremely powerful which has been the best supplement I have ever taken for all my CFS symptoms, has completely gotten rid of brain fog, anhedonia, tiredness, dullness, depression, etc. I am just wanting to make sure I can do a few months worth of runs with this on myself before sharing anything here with the community.
Please don't delay too long in letting us know! I am very interested and I'm sure others are too.

Wishing you all the best and continued health!

T

Yes, please share new substance for fellow guinea pigs ;-). Also, dosing of of GDF-11 and BPC-157.

For me, reaching my upper fifties and finally getting a dx of Ehler's Danlos Syndrome and methylmalonic acidemia, I believe that EDS causes the perfect storm for so many problems that plague many ME/CFS sufferers. I'm not sure about methylmalonic acid - as it's one of those things docs never check because they believe you need to be homozygous to be effected and that means it would show up at birth - not necessarily true. At least not for me. (Can I just say how tired I am of lazy geneticists.)

Anyway, I've been using IM injected C for about a month now and my collagen is improving, which means my MCAS is improving and so many other things including neuropathy. However, my exhaustion is very real, and the brain fog is better but still hanging around. I use several injected vitamins, but haven't tried peptides yet, mainly due to time and money. But am willing to do anything at this point.

Please do share. Thank you :)

Shanti1

Administrator
I'm still injecting 10pg once a week and still having improvements the day of and a few days after. I'm going to switch to once every 5 days and see how that works.

@Momentum would you mind sharing your IM C source? I'm have joint hypermobility and have a high Beighton score, though not sure I have EDS. I've just started oral collagen peptides, but thinking about adding IM C with hopes it will help with my orthostatic intolerance by supporting BV wall integrity.

I think above you were asking beatsmyth for his specific dosing of GDF-11, but just incase, these two posts have the general info, mixing, and dosing:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ion-after-taking-elixir-of-youth-gdf11.79778/
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ixir-of-youth-gdf11.79778/page-2#post-2270979

Shanti1

Administrator
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is this worth trying orally?
That is a perfectly reasonable question. Most peptides, GDF-11 included, are too fragile to survive stomach acid, so must be injected or sometimes used as a nasal spray. I have never seen GDF-11 adapted as a nasal spray. The effective does is so small, I think it is much more reliable to inject it. How effective it is as a nasal spray would also be dependent on various molecular characteristics, such as size and polarity.

Shanti1

Administrator
I see that Cambridge Biosciences in UK sells GDF-11 for £84. Quantity 10 ug. Anyone have an idea how long this would last?

I purchased 10 ug from Buckylabs and at the rate I am using it now, it will last me years. Of course it may degrade by then, so if I stop feeling an effect from it, I will have to get a new batch. After reconstituting, I split my supply into multiple sterile vials and froze the ones I am not currently using. If you are doing daily dosing, you should still get a year out of it. I paid $80 for the GDF-11 and $35 for overnight shipping.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Anyway, I've been using IM injected C for about a month now and my collagen is improving, which means my MCAS is improving and so many other things including neuropathy. However, my exhaustion is very real, and the brain fog is better but still hanging around.

Are you still doing the IM Vitamin C and is it still helping you? There was a recent thread about it here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/im-vitamin-c-injections-for-heds-anyone-tried-this.89241 and it's gotten me interested in trying this.

On reddit there's a peptides sub, and saw a few people talk about their gut issues disappear using LL-37 as well as athletes foots and any fungal issues. I have had 10 years recurring athletes foot that produced painful cracks skin on my pinky toe fold/crease (where it meets the rest of the foot). So I bought it specifically for the athletes foot issues (tried everything and it never went away). Surprisingly it fixed my IBS, leaky gut issues, and also my stomach was super sensitive and wrecked from 4 years of pain killers from CFS/Fibro nerve pain.

3 months later, all my stomach issues are gone and athletes foot entirely gone. BPC-157 and LL-37 have been absolutely miraculous for me, I'm now working part time after 10 years bed bound and on good days I hover around 80-90% healthy. Now I just need something to bring my energy levels back to normal.

I should also add that before I did the peptides, I did an 8-month long ABX treatment according to Dr. Brownsteins's protocol for CFS/Fibro, and also low dose Potassium Iodide and Selenium have had a tremendous impact on my healing, as well as low dose Metformin 125mg daily to fix the nerve sheath coverings.

I will be writing an extensive protocol report that combines Dr. Brownstein's Protocol with Peptides and diet. (Gluten free was major for me) as well as Metformin, however this is after ABX therapy. And the final part I am trying to solve is the energy issues
hey there, did LL-37 ever make you feel unwell before it started helping?

Husband of

Anyone know, Did we ever hear about this?

Husband of

if you are interested in new drugs like this and have strict custome then you have to get ahead f the game before they are made illegal to import without prescription like bpc-157 now is in New Zealand.

junkcrap50

Yeah I'm also interested in an update.