• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS in remission from Mold Avoidance

frozenborderline

Ok thanks. I cant travel anytime soon way too sick, but sure maybe i can get the contact info? Where in nm?
I am doing poorly ATM due to my cci , still awaiting surgery while out east in a place not good for me and so I'm weaker than usual and not able to reply promptly. Anyway you. Could search PMA and mold avoiders as well for answers on Oklahoma but I would also ask questions and talk to the platts directly. They're active in that group. Hope that helps. And a ton of new Mexico is good, if u just avoid Santa fe for the most part , you will find that most of the small towns and remote wilderness is good, although not all of it. Still think u can make Oklahoma work tho but u must ask others , I'm too tired to dig up the info

frozenborderline

Biotoxins are a big factor for a non inconsequential subset of the ME population. I would not say mold is the *cause* of ME, but there is undeniably a relationship there that needs further research.

have no incentive here to promote woohoo therapies, just want to provide some hope that remission is possible. This lifestyle is hard, lonely, and quite frankly maddening at times. But the ability to exercise once more makes it all worth it.
I agree so much. frankly I don't care whether anyone else does this enough to try and convince them. But we need to demand that it is studied. You should message me on here if you're interested in ways which we can tell our stories and work on virtual/online forms if changing the narrative and pressuring researchers gently to respond. The bigger our numbers the more chance we have

I agree so much. frankly I don't care whether anyone else does this enough to try and convince them. But we need to demand that it is studied. You should message me on here if you're interested in ways which we can tell our stories and work on virtual/online forms if changing the narrative and pressuring researchers gently to respond. The bigger our numbers the more chance we have

hey walker, thanks for reaching out, and apologies for delayed response. Don’t spend too much time on here anymore.

first off - I owe you a massive, massive thank you. Your efforts are a substantial reason I embarked on my mold avoidance journey. I put you up there alongside Erik, Lisa, and CityChanger as the biggest reasons I am here today. I was just with my mom last week - she came to visit me here in Utah for the first time since she helped me first get to the desert back in December. She was absolutely blown away by how much better I looked and felt. So, thank you for being a part of my recovery.

helping you in any way is the least I can do - podcast, outreach, etc. just let me know.

Ok thanks. I cant travel anytime soon way too sick, but sure maybe i can get the contact info? Where in nm?

do you have any support system that may help? If not for my mom, I wouldn’t have been able to make the move out west. She basically helped “bootstrap” early stages of recovery, then left about a few days into my establishment in the west. By then, I was already gaining lots of energy and not crashing when doing basic things.

frozenborderline

in a casita travel trailer in nature. I still work full time so need a place I can get cell signal.
I wish I could get a good trailer... lisa p says casitas are often good but get contaminated more easily than metal trailers without fiberglass. So I was reticent to get one as she said they're good if you can be really careful and avoid MT thoroughly... however it's hard to find good, affordable metal trailers that one can get on short notice

How has your whole experience with casitas been, any minor reaction to it, did you test out a lot or just get lucky with one...
Do you ever have it in bad air and have it be okay or does it get very contaminated... like have you ever had it in a city or area with MT, especially during winter storms... like vegas or phoenix or st george or LA or boston or houston or dallas...
Or have u just kept it out of the bad areas