• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Comic Series

WantedAlive

Hello there,
I've had a few comics done to capture some of my own experiences and observations during my journey with ME/CFS. Unfortunately, as I've become more severe, my ability to find humour has subsided, and I've run out of ideas. Maybe members can contribute some more ideas? If your ideas work as a comic, I might be able to get some more done. No promises though.

Here are some to get us started. Enjoy! Maybe with enough we can put them into a booklet for fundraising, use them with awareness campaigns, postcards for doctors, or even for new members with early onset ME/CFS. At the very least, I hope you get a laugh.

01 - Comic strip.jpg

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
@RebeccaRe Do you have access to the PR Twitter account and post them there. I can RT
I don't, but I know a guy ;) I think there was a post on Facebook the other day

A few experiences of mine that might be comic worthy:
• Outlining my litany of woe to a doctor (bone crushing exhasution, etc), only to be asked: "But have you tried exercising? You know, really pushing??"
• When seeing that same doctor a month later, having her walk in the room with a big grin asking: "Feeling better yet?"
• Receiving normal blood test results and being told: "This is great! There's nothing wrong with you!"
• Receiving an abnormal blood test result only to have the doctor say: "Well, it's estimated that these numbers are off in 5% of the population, so these don't tell us anything meaningful."