• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centers Launch a 'Community Advisory Committee'

Gemini

NIH Announcement

To foster communication and engagement with ME/CFS stakeholders, the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centers have launched a new 'Community Advisory Committee (CAC)' to be managed by the Center for Solutions for ME/CFS at Columbia University.

The goals are to increase communication, participation, and the pace of research.

The CAC will serve as a bridge between the larger ME/CFS community and researchers in the Collaborative Research Centers. The Advisory Committee will include people living with ME/CFS, caregivers, advocates, and representatives from #MEAction and Solve ME/CFS Initiative.

The CAC will assign working groups based on the needs of the community as well as the Collaborative Research Centers. The initial working groups will focus on:

1. Information dissemination to increase communication about CRC findings,
2. Study feasibility to ensure that researchers take into account sensitivities and limitations of clinical studies in people with ME/CFS,
3. Scientific priorities to develop recommendations for future ME/CFS research efforts.

To learn more, please visit CfSforMECFS.org.

Last edited: