• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME AND MY MOBILITY SCOOTER ( AKA. PENELOPE PITSTOP)

hellytheelephant

My latest CHRONIC ELEPHANT BLOG is about using a mobility scooter and other MOBILITY aids.
It also links to an article I wrote on another blog about choosing a scooter, and using it once you've got it
pp-png.8228

https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/08/getting-mobile-with-penelope-pitstop.html

I AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE RE SCOOTERS
PP.png

Inca

I've been using a mobility scooter since 2003. I always call mine 'Betsa' after the camper van my dad took us camping in as kids ... on about Betsa Mark V now!

hellytheelephant

The must bring back some lovely memories. They are certainly a wonderfully invention, and the off road version is an amazing thrill- ride too- though not at all recommended for someone as sick as me! Once and once only!!!!:sluggish::jaw-drop::ill::ill: