• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MB12 and Vitamin C synergy???

sregan

I just seem to have stumbled upon something that is helping me a lot. Just started taking Ester-C 24 hour immune Support, 3 tablets (1.5 grams) per day. Also recently switched to Enzymatic MB12. Seems to be some synergy between these two as I have been feeling very good for 5 days now since I started this. Yesterday I forgot to bring the MB12 to the office and had my normal crappy day despite the 3 tablets of the Ester-C. Today has been much better as I'm been nibbling on my MB12 throughout the day.

I know Freddd metioned something about him taking a pretty good sized dose of MB12.

I also noted in the ingredients is Rutin and Hesperidin. I did respond initially favorable to DAO enzyme so wondering if these might have had a histamine lowering effect and maybe that's why I'm feeling so good?

Also wanted to note that I'm sleeping somewhat better, awakening with some energy and the dreams have been pleasant for a change.

NRT-16973-5.jpg

Last edited:

sregan

It might be the B12 on it's own working for you. What kind were you taking before?

I was taking the older (glass bottle) Jarrow which was the MB12 of choice before the bottle went plastic.

I now report that the effect has not sustained (not surprised). I had about 5 days that seemed really good. I think that was about the number of days I did really good on the DAO enzyme.

I've taken this particular vitamin C before and not noticed such a positive effect so I think it's possible a combination of that and the new MB12. I had taken the new MB12 for a week or so and had not noticed anything spectacular on its own.

I did have a really good initial reaction to the DAO enzymes. I suspect that might be what has helped me for these 5 days. I believe that the Rutin and Hesperidn are new to this particular formula. When I search the images show a different formula than the one I have.

whodathunkit

Liposomal vitamin C gave me a really nice,stabilizing boost, but only *after* I had been on the Deadlock Quartet (including lots of mB12) for a while. Vitamin C in any form (EsterC, liposomal, or whatever) never did anything for me before the Deadlock.

So I think yeah, there is synergy there. :):thumbsup:

sregan

Liposomal vitamin C gave me a really nice,stabilizing boost, but only *after* I had been on the Deadlock Quartet (including lots of mB12) for a while. Vitamin C in any form (EsterC, liposomal, or whatever) never did anything for me before the Deadlock.

So I think yeah, there is synergy there. :):thumbsup:

Thanks @whodathunkit , so that's interesting and could explain why, possibly, that all of a sudden it seems to be doing something or me. In the past all it would seem to do is give me cold/allergy symptoms like it was cranking up my immune system.

sregan

To follow up, as many things before that I have taken and had an initial great response the effect of this has petered out. As a side effect I'm having a strange type of headache. Feels like a spot when you have hit your head a day or so ago where it's sore on a small spot. I didn't hit my head on anything and the spot seems to move around only on the left side of my head. When I press on it it's mild pain but there isn't any damage on that spot. Wondered if it's the skin but my wife couldn't see anything when she looked.

I googled this and seems to be a problem others are having (not here on PR). Wonder if the new MB12 might have stirred up some mercury in my head?

Not sure why my body seems to reactive to supplements and why when I find something that works very well it never seems to last.

Critterina

@sregan,

Do the positions of tenderness follow the sutures (seams) where your skull formed? That's one of my histamine intolerance symptoms, but could be due to any inflammation maybe, for you. Doctor couldn't see anything, either. Mostly on left side, but in extreme reaction, crossed the midline, again along seam lines. Ice compresses really really hurt, and I can't tell when I stop whether it actually helped or whether it just feels better when I quit, if you know what I mean.

sregan

@sregan,

Do the positions of tenderness follow the sutures (seams) where your skull formed? That's one of my histamine intolerance symptoms, but could be due to any inflammation maybe, for you. Doctor couldn't see anything, either. Mostly on left side, but in extreme reaction, crossed the midline, again along seam lines. Ice compresses really really hurt, and I can't tell when I stop whether it actually helped or whether it just feels better when I quit, if you know what I mean.

@Critterina odd you should mention that. I thought I noticed that on one of the first days that it seemed like perhaps the pressure inside my skull had increased and I was stressing the seams where the pieces fused. It's quite possible. And yes I do know what you mean :)

sregan

Update: Turns out this is due to the Vitamin C all by itself (rather the added ingredients). I dropped the MB12 for a few days and still not been doing better. I'm gonna investigate the Rutin and Hesperedin a little more. I responded well initially to the DAO enzyme and assumed that histamine was an issue of mine which is why I believe the Rutin might have been helping. Then maybe got too much of a good thing? Or drove histamine levels down too low?

I thought, for example, dealing with Nitric Oxide was a balancing act. You dont want too much or too little. I'm thinking histamine is the same way?

Edit: Having a pretty amazing day so far, one of those "this is the real me" days to quote someone who posted on here before. One of those this is what I would feel like all the time is whatever I have going on in my body I could remedy.

Took really no supplements yesterday, didn't feel great but had one of my C's yesterday about 4pm which seemed to initially make me feel a little better than worse. This is very encouraging to me in that maybe I can continue to take this C but just titrate the dose down.

Edit2: (I'll be turning this entry into a blog post) Felt pretty good started to slide downhill. Lower back is starting to feel achy and stiff. Ate a couple of cookies which helped. Started feeling cfs lousy again then trip to the bathroom and much better immediately after. Now it's about 12:30 and starting to slide down again, lips feeling a little numb which happens from time to time. Not sure exactly what it's a symptom of? Deficienty? Histamine?

Last edited:

sregan

Been a year and again thinking the histamine/mast cell ingredients are the key for me. Just arrive bottles of Swanson Premium Hesperidin, Swanson Premium Full Spectrum Citrus Bioflavonoid Comp and Swanson Ultra D-Limonene Cold-Pressed Orange Peel Ext.