• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Marketplace radio wants people who made disability settlements in 2018

viggster

Hello - The US radio show Marketplace (widely distributed) wants to talk to people who signed and received settlements with private disability insurance companies in 2018. The new tax law is making these settlements less attractive by now taxing the associated attorney's fees. (I found out the hard way.) The reporter is Marielle Segarra, msegarra@marketplace.org. Email her with something about 'disability settlement' in the subject line. She interviewed me and my accountant yesterday. Not sure when the show will run the segment.

MEPatient345

Hey viggster,
That is tricky.. Settlements are covered by an NDA, it’s often not possible to discuss the details or even in some cases the existence of them. Is she taking anonymous stories?