• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAOI?

YippeeKi YOW !!

@bensmith
I cant speak for how it goes in combination with ME, byt monamineoxidase inhibitors have some prety scar restrictions on everything from food to drunk attached to them, and are particularly reactive to tyrosinetyramie, to the point of being deadly.

Aged cheeses, many fermented foods including yogurt, many sources of protein like cured meats, fermented salamis, pepperonis, etc, beef or chicken liver, even anchovies, along with a whole boatload of other things, are verboten when you're taking an MAOI ....

I tend to avoid things that leave me open to death by Caesar salad .... very unnerving ....

There are much safer ways to deal with anxiety, including magnesium glycinate, which worked for me when nothing else would, but I had to experiment with both dose size and dose intervals before I found the one that worked for me.

If you're looking for an easier, chemical solution, I'm afraid that there's always a very steep bill demanding payment at the end of that. Do be cautious, yes?

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Hip has a very good thread on dealing with anxiety here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...nxiety-symptoms-with-three-supplements.18369/

I really think with all the strange symptoms you have been having with medications lately, that you need to undo that damage first before adding anything else. I have a feeling that if you keep trying to add before you "take away" you will tip the boat, so to speak, even further. So many of these medications burn ME/CFS out further.

Yes, some people do get help in the beginning when going on them but there are so many stories on PR of ME/CFS being made soooooo much worse in the long run.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Ok thanks, that's just mag supplement?
For me, the magic answer was mag glycinate (Solgar's Chelated Magnesium which is mag gly with a small amount of mag oxide) at very close intervals. I clipped the l00 mg tablets in half, and took the resulting 50 mg doses every 45-60 minutes when the anxiety/anxiety was bad, tossing in 500 mgs of Vit C every few doses ....

You'll need to find your own magic answer in the event mine doesnt work for you. We're all different, with different underlying structures, as it were, and one size rarely fits all ....

There's a recent thread on magnesium. I'll search it out and come back with a link for you ....

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
ok honestly i'm going to not take the meds i thinkt hat is best.

At the risk of sounding contradictory, I would still be careful. This is what I found HERE on the benzo buddies forum:

Rapid withdrawal following short-term use of benzodiazepines (use lasting a few days, or a week or two), is not a 'cold turkey' or rapid taper. Neither is it a 'cold turkey' withdrawal to suddenly stop taking benzodiazepines (even after protracted use) if your use was very intermittent, where there was no opportunity for addiction/dependency/habituation to develop. Unless you suffer from a seizure-type disorder, it is normally medically safe to suddenly cease the intermittent use of benzodiazepines, but a short taper (over a week or two) still might be of benefit to help you adjust.

That's why it would still be nice if you joined that group and get their imput as well.

Sending you a hug, Ben. :hug: