• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Manganese and Vitamins

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I am going to slowly continue my Mn survey.
_____​

Interdependence of vitamine B1 and manganese. 2. Manganese, copper and Iron metabolism in vitamine B1 deficient rats
Sandberg et al 1939

abstract, my bold
2. The experiments were planned to show changes in Cu, Fe and Mn metabolism in rats during development of, and recovery from, vitamin B1 deficiency, but the results of the studies on Cu and Fe were not sufficiently constant to be reported. In the case of Mn, however, the state of vitamin B1 deficiency definitely caused a great increase in retention, 72 per cent. of a daily intake of 1 mg. being stored when no vitamin B1 was given. When large doses of vitamin B1 were given the retention of Mn decreased to 34 per cent. as long as the intake was 1 mg. Mn daily, and became still less when the Mn intake was also reduced.
_____​

Interrelationsship between manganese, vitamin B1 and the level of pyruvic acid
Sizonenko and Boechko 1980

abstract, my bold
Addition of manganese to the diets promotes an increase of the total thiamine content in the blood and the liver, heart and brain tissues. This trace element appreciably changes the correlation between different thiamine fractions. The free vitamin B1 level in the blood and tissues decreases, while the level of its bound form (pyrophosphatic) increases. All the administered manganese doses induced a statistically significant reduction of pyruvic acid concentration in the blood.