• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnesium Oil and DMSO Cream for Pain

starryeyes

Hi All,

Not everyone is in terrible body pain from CFS but if you are and/or you have FMS too I've learned that Magnesium Oil that you spray on your skin can help and also, DMSO cream really helps. You can find both on the web. Check several sites as the prices really vary. If you need help searching for these products feel free to PM me.

The Mag oil probably helps us absorb more mag into our bodies which is a good thing and the DMSO cream penetrates deeply. I usually rub it all over myself from the waist down. You can use the mag spray first and then a few hours later, wipe your skin with a wet washcloth because DMSO cream will make you absorb anything on your skin, then apply the DMSO cream liberally on whatever body parts hurt.

I also like to use pain sprays like Stopain spray on my back and legs if I'm not using DMSO on them that day. Notice the one "p" in the name. Don't type two "p"s into Google or you'll get Dr. Frank's pain spray that you spray in your mouth and I've read that that stuff's a scam.

For localized pain, I use Lidocaine patches which are Rx only. I use medical tape to keep them on and I find rounding the corners helps keep them on too. You can cut them to smaller sizes. They can take 20 minutes to a few hours to work depending on how deep the pain is but they do eventually work well. They're nice to put on your abdomen for cramps and they're good for constant nerve pain that's in one place and lasts for hours or days.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are in intractable pain. It's helped me find quite a bit of relief.

Hysterical Woman

Hi All,

Not everyone is in terrible body pain from CFS but if you are and/or you have FMS too I've learned that Magnesium Oil that you spray on your skin can help and also, DMSO cream really helps. You can find both on the web. Check several sites as the prices really vary. If you need help searching for these products feel free to PM me.

The Mag oil probably helps us absorb more mag into our bodies which is a good thing and the DMSO cream penetrates deeply. I usually rub it all over myself from the waist down. You can use the mag spray first and then a few hours later, wipe your skin with a wet washcloth because DMSO cream will make you absorb anything on your skin, then apply the DMSO cream liberally on whatever body parts hurt.

I also like to use pain sprays like Stopain spray on my back and legs if I'm not using DMSO on them that day. Notice the one "p" in the name. Don't type two "p"s into Google or you'll get Dr. Frank's pain spray that you spray in your mouth and I've read that that stuff's a scam.

For localized pain, I use Lidocaine patches which are Rx only. I use medical tape to keep them on and I find rounding the corners helps keep them on too. You can cut them to smaller sizes. They can take 20 minutes to a few hours to work depending on how deep the pain is but they do eventually work well. They're nice to put on your abdomen for cramps and they're good for constant nerve pain that's in one place and lasts for hours or days.

I hope this helps some of you out there that are in intractable pain. It's helped me find quite a bit of relief.

Hi teejayk,

Thanks for posting, very interesting information. I am most interested in the magnesium oil of course since I am the magnesium maniac. I was able to get rid of 100% of my leg pain that I have had for 18 years with oral magnesium supplementation and magnesium oil. For any who are interested in all of the improvements that have happened to me because of magnesium I posted it here:

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showth...ations-muscle-cramps-pain&highlight=magnesium

My only comment about the oil is that one needs to be careful about the source of it. Try to buy from a company which will provide you with an independent chemical analysis of their product to check for heavy metals and other contaminants.

Take care,

HW

pattismith

@Wayne

I post here my experiment with DMSO.

I decided to try it for my head pressure (as a topical on my head behind my ears)

At first I had relief from the intracranial pressure, then I increased the dose (more or less unwillingly), and I got a toxic reaction, comateous for 24-36 hours, so I stopped it. The day after I started to recover from the toxic episode (but still modified taste which could tell me DMSO was still in my blood), and two days after, I felt great, with still a weird taste. Three days after I started to feel unwell, and four days after the head pressure was back, but my taste was normal.
It seems that I will have some difficulties to find a dose that might help me without tolerance problem!