• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lugol's iodine dosage

Min

Please can someone who takes Lugol's iodine drops tell me what dosage they take? Certain that I have an underactive thyroid not picked up by UK national health testing, I've been painting the soles of my feet with iodine tincture each night but have now ordered the drops to try. thanks

(I know Armour thyroid is much better but the customs charge doubles the price)

Tammie

I am not currenlty taking iodine and don't really know a doseage amt to tell you, but I have read quite a bit about the thyroid (I don't convert T4 to T3 well).....and I just wanted to let you know that I have read that they are learning that idodine also needs selenium to work properly.....and people often need to supplement with both. I have not been able to find info about the amts of either, but from what I ahve read, it is really important.

Hysterical Woman

Please can someone who takes Lugol's iodine drops tell me what dosage they take? Certain that I have an underactive thyroid not picked up by UK national health testing, I've been painting the soles of my feet with iodine tincture each night but have now ordered the drops to try. thanks

(I know Armour thyroid is much better but the customs charge doubles the price)

Hi Min,

I don't take iodine, but am considering it. I don't know about dosages specifically for CFS, but this article about dosing iodine in general looked interesting.

Let us know how you are doing on it.

Good Luck,

Maxine

http://iodine.imva.info/index.php/iodine-dosages/