• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low blood volume question.

wabi-sabi

Erm, not necessarily and it depends on how much. A healthy person can compensate for some drops in blood volume, but only up to a point. If you're lost in the desert while hiking and run out of water, your pressure will eventually drop.

It would be hard to know which of a person with ME/CFS's compensatory mechanisms for low blood volume are still working without medical work-up. And, even if they do still work to some extent, many people with ME/CFS find hydration to help their blood pressure and orthostatic symptoms.

I also just realised that a normal BP doesn't mean your blood is getting around? If you have low volume the same BP won't do the same effect