• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Losing and gaining weight Thyroid??

Grigor

So when I stopped smoking a long while ago . 1 year and a half later I got a viral infection CMV and got sick. Oddly enough years later I stopped again. And a year later boom again a huge relapse. Still housebound because of it .
I don't remember where but read that stopping to smoke had an impact on your thyroid ??

Anyways like many of us I am gaining wait ......but in my recent relapse I suddenly lost 8 kilos . Made no sense to me . And felt like I was in a roller coaster while lying in bed.

My test for thyroid TSH and T4. Which are the only ones my GP did came back normal . But beside the fact that my symptoms fit with hypo the sudden weight loss would fit with hyper??

My cortisol is a little low in the morning though.

So now what should I do. I can't get to a better doc cause I'm housebound. But will talk about this stuff with my GP.

What supplements do you guys recommend??

Thanks for the help .

Greetings ,

Grigor