• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for an article regarding a treatment in the neck / back

jason30

Hi all,

I can't find the article here on PR anymore regarding a guy who his CFS disappeared after treatment in his back/neck.
I think he went to the chiropractor and had something straightened in the neck and/or back.

I know, it's vague. Hopefully someone has an idea about which article I'm talking about :)

TIA

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @jason30 - some people have gotten benefit from atlas profilax treatment which involves adjustment of the atlas vertebrae, though I don't know of anyone whose ME/CFS disappeared after treatment. If you do a search on the board you'll find several posts about this. I had this done myself - my neck was always tight. I had the adjustment done, my neck felt better, but unfortunately it didn't do anything for my ME/CFS. But I think it's worth looking into - it's relatively inexpensive, and you never know what's going to help!

But you're not talking about treatment for craniocervical instability or chiari malformation are you? Many members here are dealing with these issues which are very serious, and treatment can involve major neck surgery. Again, you can do a search, there are a couple of threads about these issues.

jason30

Thanks a lot Mary.
I think the article mentions atlas treatment, but I am not sure.
I know that the article was on the front page of phoenix, but can't find it.

Thanks again.

jason30

Argh it wasn't here, somewhere else. I have found it.
It's about Craniocervical Instability Be Causing ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia & POTS.

Thanks again, this thread can be closed.