• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long-term Disability (LTD) Appeal was denied (US)

I contacted this law firm today. Do you know if they have won many of their MECFS cases or did they provide you with any of their cases they had won?

I didn't ask -- oops . I had been in contact with someone on this board who used them and didn't ask for further references

I spoke to 3 SSDI law firms and they seemed the most organized/methodical about the process and good with communication

Also, I spoke to the head attorney/owner at the firm and found her to be easy to interact with.

Those things matters a lot to me

Good luck

Thanks! I talked with them again yesterday and got clarification - they only take SSDI cases but not private disability insurer cases which is what I need help with so I’m kind of back to square one. I may go with Barbara Comerford, although she’s expensive.

SnappingTurtle

Thanks! I talked with them again yesterday and got clarification - they only take SSDI cases but not private disability insurer cases which is what I need help with so I’m kind of back to square one. I may go with Barbara Comerford, although she’s expensive.
Try Andrew Kantor. He gave me excellent free advice many times and I won my LTD case.

Pyrrhus

The Kantor & Kantor law firm has produced this guide on Long-term Disability claims related to COVID, but it also mentions ME:

COVID-19 Insurance Denial Guidebook:
What to do When Your Long Term Disability Insurance Claim is Denied.

https://www.kantorlaw.net/documents/K-K-Covid-Guidebook.pdf

A new video from both the Workwell Foundation and Kantor & Kantor about Long-term Disability insurance is now available:
https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/py...y4Is5nSf-bf4hVnTA5drSs7TH7ut.aV37H7a5dv5ldafG

(Reminder: Long-term Disability (LTD) insurance is a type of private insurance in the U.S. that is offered by employers, not by the government.)