• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long Covid

Rufous McKinney

extracorporeal apheresis (INUSpherese)

Here is some more on using this process to absorb the offending Somethings......auto antibodies....

From the Germans- for brain inflammation......

https://biologicum.info/en/apheresi...ed-by-long-covid-19-and-other-viral-diseases/

excerpt:

However, some of the particularly effective antibodies specifically attached themselves to proteins of the brain, heart muscle and blood vessels. In further research, these malformed so-called autoimmune antibodies were found to be causative for a variety of brain diseases that can lead to autoimmune brain inflammation and, in the further course, to autoimmune neurodegeneration, autoimmune dementia, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, Alzheimer's disease.

SARS Cov2 is not the first viral disease in which it has been found how secondary autoantibodies can lead to brain inflammation.

List of viral diseases that lead to brain inflammation (encephalitis):
  1. SARS-CoV-2
  2. Epstein-Barr virus (Pfeiffer glandular fever, also called mononucleosis)
  3. Chickenpox or shingles (varicella viruses)
  4. Hepatitis viruses
  5. HIV
  6. Japan encephalitis
  7. Herpes type 6

Rufous McKinney

RE: treating the auto antibodies-from the paper in prior post..

For treatment, apheresis has proven to be the gentlest and most effective method, before the administration of drugs such as steroids, immunoglobulins and rituximab. The methods plasmapheresis (exchange of blood plasma) and immunoadsorption (as we use it in the BIOLOGICUM+ with the INUSpherese® apheresis) are explicitly recommended by the neurology department of the Charité in such cases. The earlier apheresis therapy begins, the more promising it is.
Overall, a growing number of dementia-causing antibodies are being identified. Apheresis is therapeutically one of the first line procedures for this diagnosis.

Rufous McKinney

has anyone contacted them and been informed of the cost?

don't know.....

But I'm also very curious, as Dr. Prusty's lab...announced something about having some actual treatments for ME CFS.......and I wonder if thats related to...using binders to filter out...the auto antibodies.......as all this is German.