• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Llewelyn King Interviews Vicky Whittemore (NIH) - MECFS Alert Episode 108

Diwi9

Administrator
Really good to hear Vicky Whittemore discuss the difference between "chronic fatigue" and PEM. As I've improved, I don't have chronic fatigue...but I am easily fatigued. The true beast remains PEM. Still bamboozled by what piece of research the NIH needs to start beefing up funding for research. Whittemore recognizes that the illness is heterogenous, which should lead to the conclusion that we need intense investigation into the differences between patients. What prior research is actually valid if we don't even know what we are looking at? One difference is, there is now recognition that we are looking at some different things...but where is the funding?