• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Listing all of my symptoms

No doctor will help me, they all think it’s hypocondria. Here are all my symptoms:
Insomnia
Unrefreshing sleep
Fatigue
Post exertional fatigue
Vivid dreams
Nightmares
Stiff neck
Joint pain
Muscle pain
Memory loss
Brain fog
Slight motor problems
Slight speech problems
Diarrhoea
Slight muscle twitching
Depression
Anxiety
Tender glands
Slightly swollen glands
Paranoia
Headaches
Tinnitus
Dysphagia

Talking to someone about a cure for my permanent fatigue. This is literally what they said ‘sleep less.’ 😡

Last edited by a moderator:

wigglethemouse

All those symptoms are reported in ME. I found getting a heart rate monitor such as a Fitbit and stopping all activity when it reaches 100, and keeping a diary of activity, resting heart rate, symptom score, medication, and supplements helpful as it can be useful to look for trends especially as post exertional fatigue is usually delayed by one to two days in ME.

Wishful

post exertional fatigue is usually delayed by one to two days in ME.

Does anyone experience a different delay for physically-induced PEM and cerebrally-induced PEM? For me the former was a consistent 24 hr delay, while the latter was less consistent and could start within an hour. That might add some confusion when trying to figure PEM out.

Hip

Here are all my symptoms:

Some of your symptoms like:

Headaches
Dysphagia
Tinnitus
Speech problems
Diarrhoea
Memory loss
Muscle pain
Joint pain

match those of craniocervical instability (CCI), which is where the joint between your spine and skull is lax.

See this list of CCI symptoms. And also this list.

There is a sub-forum on Phoenix Rising devoted to CCI and connective tissue diseases.

Wishful

Just a suggestion: make a short list of the worst symptoms for a first visit with a new doctor. I think that if you show most doctors a long list of symptoms, they will assume that some if not all are psychosomatic, or that you have some other psychological disorder (a need to have symptoms to complain about, or some such thing). If the doctor is reasonable with the short list, and asks whether there are any others, you can add others as you see fit.

It's all about perception.

Rufous McKinney

I share lots of your symptoms- sorry to say. Sorry you are dealing with all this.

And @Wishful gave you some good advice- if you find a new practioner to help you, focus on a couple of things and take all that on-gradually. Build a relationship with the doctor if you can.

I've gotten considerable help from chinese herbs for some of these symptoms, reducing their severity- but is not a cure.

Wishful

This new thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-by-doctors-doesnt-this-sound-familiar.80817/ is pertinent. If you have a long list of symptoms and you're a woman, I think the chances are very high that you'll be immediately slotted into the 'hypochondriac' category. Probably not all that much better for men. Doctors just don't like long lists of symptoms. They want patients with problems they can diagnose in minutes and write a prescription for.