• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Link Between Tinnitus and Inflammation

Wishful

https://newatlas.com/tinnitus-brain-inflammation-treatment/60199/

The research shows that mice with noise-induced hearing loss had more activated microglia and more proinflammatory cytokines. Further research showed TNF-alpha seemed to be the link. Treatments blocking TNF-alpha production (in the proper place) might be a treatment for tinnitus.

This is just preliminary research, but it does seem to fit well with ME (immune system dysfunction).

I'd like a pill for that by next week please. :thumbsup:

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
I developed tinnitus after I had my thyroid removed. A constant buzzing. No clue, but at the same time MCAS started which is inflammation. It's better now that I am on methotrexate for Sjogrens. It's all auto-immune.

Magic 8 Ball says:
1561011659597.png

Anyone got news or advice on the subject of this beautiful triangle: brain inflammation - tinnitus - thyroid?

It's at the very core of my symptoms, causing me the most problems in daily life.

There is no magic off-switch is there?
Any suggestions for mitigating measures appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for answering. I've had some curcumin before without noticing any difference. I'll give it one more try with a high quality product.

Wishful

There is no magic off-switch is there?

There is for ME. I switched back into normal healthy state several times, from several different treatments. Unfortunately, the magic only lasted a few hours, and would only trigger once or twice before stopping working. :(

We need more reliable magic.