• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lightning Process article - tell them what you think.

V99

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Bath-doctor-leads-child-fatigue-research/article-733163-detail/article.html?cacheBust=PCKrlK8j8bh0&success=true

It begins:
Bath doctor leads child fatigue research

An expert from Bath has won 730,000 to investigate chronic fatigue syndrome in children.

The ground-breaking research will be carried out by Dr Esther Crawley, who works at the city's Mineral Water Hospital.

She will be looking to get a better understanding of the cause, treatment and prevention of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and ME in children using a prestigious fellowship and funding.

The money is from the National Institute of Heath Research, which has awarded a clinician scientist fellowship to Dr Crawley, consultant paediatrician at the hospital - whose formal name is the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases.Her study will be the first to look at CFS/ME in children in such detail.