• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

legs, body feel too weak to deal with hardness of floor, chair etc

Rlman

I'm not sure if any of this is helpful and hoping you figure it out @Rlman. It took me several years to even remotely figure out what was going on in my case.

Yes this is helpful @Gingergrrl. Wow that must have been scary only being able to inhale till shoulders. So happy for you that you and your drs figured out what was going on and were able to treat it. Kudos to you for your perseverance, which is very inspiring!

Rlman

I had significant/severe muscle weakness years back. I still have muscle weakness but nothing like I used to. I went to 6-7 different neurologists because of this and some other really weird symptoms...........nothing ever showed up as abnormal.

Thanks for sharing @Tammy. Did the severe muscle weakness improve due to your Medical Medium supplement protocol or something else? btw how long did you have that severe muscle weakness for?

Tammy

Thanks for sharing @Tammy. Did the severe muscle weakness improve due to your Medical Medium supplement protocol or something else? btw how long did you have that severe muscle weakness for?
I've had the muscle weakness for 22 yrs since the onset of my EBV infection. It waxed and waned as to the severity........but it was always pretty bad. My muscle weakness has improved since medicalmedium protocol but not to the degree that some of the other symptoms have improved. Perhaps this may be the symptom that takes more time or is going to be the most stubborn..........I don't know. I'm just trying to be patient.

Rlman

Update - now I need over 15 duvets under me when I lie in bed otherwise I loose all my energy.
I have severe muscle loss and loose joints.

Rlman

Update: I was off the internet from fall 2019 till May 2022 due to inability to hold head straight and couldn't read small text like on a cell phone. My dad was going online for me to research and typing for me. I also stopped feeding myself during that time, but that was probably due to wearing to many sweaters which was using up my energy due to muscle loss.

Since then I have made steady progress and experienced improvements I never thought possible. For the past 3 months I have been able to go for walks and stand for even 45 min. For the past 12 years I couldn't stand or walk for more than 10 seconds before losing all my energy and needing to lie in bed for hours or days still I recharge to baseline. I was dependent on my parents for everything. I've been able to wash dishes, rake the leaves, vacuuming, cleaning, things I have not been able to do in 12 years.

This improvement is likely due to 3 things: I started sertraline in Nov 2022, after which I felt more energy. I didn't notice any change in my mood though. Then massage helped me hold my head straight for first time in 4 years in July 2023 and took away some soreness in my thighs. The past year I have been learning limbic retraining and the past 3 months doing Pain Reprocessing Therapy (a type of limbic retraining program that can also be applied for fatigue).

I'm still dealing with many other symptoms, like dim vision, pulsing in head, heavy head and still need to lie down during the day to rest. Also joints feel looser than normal, still not doing all activities myself. But so grateful for the improvements. I hope they are permanent!

I'm also not sure with absolute certainty what gave me the main energy boost but I don't care as long as I am feeling better.

Wishing you all improvements in health and a full recovery.

Last edited: