• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lecithin for energy

Carl

Do you mean Lecithin?

Lecithin does contain PhosphatidylCholine which is important to the human body but the important phase 2 Liver detox nutrient Choline is in fairly low amounts. Getting more choline can be helpful to the liver which is under a heavy detox load.

Choline levels in CFS brains have been reported to be high. Lecithin in large doses and Choline can cause promote sleep rather than energy, at least it does in me.

You would be better off using some cytokine regulators to lower the inflammatory processes which can impair mitochondrial energy production.

Last edited:

Carl

Do you mean Lecithin?
Or Lectin? Was that a smelling mistake? :rolleyes:

If I was you then I would report this thread to get the error corrected if you cannot alter it yourself, because it is very open to interpretation. Could it mean lecithin or lectin?

What do you mean by cytokene regulators?
Cytokine regulating substances ie Cytokine Inhibitors can help prevent Cytokines promoting other Cytokines and increasing inflammatory processes. This is one of the causes of the energy and immune dysfunction problems in CFS which can prevent the immune system from controlling viruses. Cytokines inhibit ATP energy production in the mitochondria therefore stopping them can be helpful.

Stephen H Buhner lists a number of Cytokine regulators in his books.

Primary:

Cordyceps - This has sedative properties so taking it shortly before bed might be a good idea. Large amounts are required to maximize the effect, far above the recommended dosages. 6000mg is a small dose and upto 50 grams for acute conditions. Powdered is better than useless/expensive capsules. There are extracts of this but I do not know how the quantities would translate.
Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria Baicalensis) - I do not use this because it makes my skin very dry whenever I have used it. I do have a tendency towards skin autoimmunity which does tend to promote this effect. I will use it briefly to help destroy bacteria.
NAC
Vitamin E - be sure to get the most natural tocopherols alpha tocopherol or d-alpha tocopherols, mixed natural tocopherols, gamma tocopherols, tocotrienols.

Secondary:
Bidens (Bidens Pilosa) - I did read something about this which means that I would not want to use it. Something about a very loose association with Oesophageal/Esophageal cancer.
Chinese Senega Root (Polygala Tenuifolia) - increases NGF production
Green Tea EGCG (EpiGalloCatechin-3-Galate) - bio-availability increased when taken with Quercetin (1200mg/day), 200mg Ascorbic Acid or 1000mg Omega-3 fatty acids. EGCG is also more effective when combined with Resveratrol (knotweed), Vitamin E and/or N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC). 100mg EGCG in a cup of tea.
Kudzu Root (Pueraria Lobata)
Luteolin - 100mg/day

I have only tried Chinese Skullcap, Cordyceps, Vitamin E/Tocotrienols, EGCG, NAC, Vit C. I do want to try Chinese Senaga Root for it's NGF promotion.

Last edited:
Do you mean Lecithin?

I meant lecithin. Not sure how to edit.

Lecithin does contain PhosphatidylCholine which is important to the human body but the important phase 2 Liver detox nutrient Choline is in fairly low amounts. Getting more choline can be helpful to the liver which is under a heavy detox load.

Choline levels in CFS brains have been reported to be high. Lecithin in large doses and Choline can cause promote sleep rather than energy, at least it does in me.

You would be better off using some cytokine regulators to lower the inflammatory processes which can impair mitochondrial energy production.

Last edited by a moderator: