• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LEAARNIING TO CRAFT A GOOD LIFE WITH CHRONIC PAIN- THE CHRONIC ELEPHANT BLOG

hellytheelephant

For those of us coping with chronic illnesses and pain, there can always be more to learn from our fellow sufferer's experiences. The Chronic Elephant
safe_image.jpg
this week is a guest Blog written by Lee. Lee uses Mindfulness and creativity to cope with years of chronic pain. For so many of us, the immediate future is not about getting 'cured', but is about crafting the best life possible, with circumstances that are not what we would have chosen.

Here is the intro:

I was thrilled when he agreed to be a guest blogger for The Chronic Elephant, and to share his journey in finding ways to live a better and fuller life with chronic pain. He is an artist ( and has kindly allowed me to illustrate these 2 Blogs with his drawing and painting, leatherwork, and woodcarving), and an enthusiastic advocate for Mindfulness and CBT. Here in his own words is his story, which is both moving and at times, poetic.

https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/05/guest-blog-lee-learning-to-craft-good.html