• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN - need keywords for my dr

Strawberry

The last two times I asked my regular dr about LDN he said he would not prescribe anything off label and he won't read medical papers.

What are some key words that I can say about what it does? I remember something about immune but my brain won't let me think of the proper terminology.

I'm really going to have to sell this hard or play hard ball to get a prescription.

Thanks in advance!

Shoshana

Northern USA
The only keywords I can remember for LDN, are:

" DR NANCY KLIMAS. "

;)

That probably is not enough, I realize,
so I hope someone else can add more specifically, a brief, clear statement that might impress, (your doc who does not prescribe anything off-label and will not read medical papers, what does he do?! :mad:o_O

If that isn't helpful, I am sorry, :(
and I wanted to say hello to you, anyway, @Strawberry

Strawberry

The only keywords I can remember for LDN, are:

" DR NANCY KLIMAS. "

;)

If ONLY! If he knew or cared who she was, I wouldn't have a problem! LOL. And what does he do? Well lets put it this way, he hasn't suggested GET. He's a good Dr, just not regarding CFS and all its complexity.

He won't read medical papers, and of course, that is a website. But *I* can read. ;) So I gleaned many key words/phrases from there. Actually, there was a flier that I might print and hand it to him just in case... It does have good dosing information. But if he won't read it ITS MINE!!!!

Also, yes we do share the same Dr, but I haven't seen him since the company split, so I'm bottom of the barrel. I'm booked end of May..... *sigh* Far too long to wait for LDN if I can get it locally. I'm hoping I might be able to get IVIG through Dr K though. I think my ANA and CellTrend results and bartonella H. qualify me for that. Also for the neck MRI. I've only had xray of my neck. My local Dr DEFINITELY will not do any investigations into either.

So, my brain fog finally lifted and I remembered the key word I was trying for:

Immune modulator.

Also, (from Ginger's link)
1/2 binds to immune cells (other 1/2 to opiate receptors)
Good for autoimmune disease (this is the Dr that has tested my ANA several times so he knows that at least)
Anti tumor (great considering my breast cancer scare from last year)
Used in MS and Parkinsons (he is the one that started my MS investigations)
Anti inflammatory

I will keep digging through Ginger's link, and I will add more key words to this thread in case future people find this thread helpful for convincing doctors.

And to both @Shoshana and @Gingergrrl WAVES HI BACK! Thank you both!!

Gingergrrl

Also, yes we do share the same Dr, but I haven't seen him since the company split, so I'm bottom of the barrel. I'm booked end of May..... *sigh* Far too long to wait for LDN if I can get it locally.

Can you get onto a cancelation list for a phone consult to discuss LDN prior to May?

I will keep digging through Ginger's link, and I will add more key words to this thread in case future people find this thread helpful for convincing doctors. And to both @Shoshana and @Gingergrrl WAVES HI BACK! Thank you both!!

I'm glad the link was helpful and waving HI back to you ;)