• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDI/LDA

Hi,

I have an appointment to get these therapies for food/chemical/salycilate allergies

I talked to a Naturopath and she said these treatments won't stick while you have severe dysbiosis/leaky gut.
Better to heal the gut and liver and the allergies will usually resolve. Another M.D. told me desensitization techniques will still help.

Have you had these treatments? Do they help?

I don't know if I want to spend the time driving 8 hours to do this if it's better that I focus on my gut and liver first. Maybe focusing on that will enable me to eat more foods rather than a bandaid approach. Not sure if it's a bandaid approach though...

geraldt52

I don't think there is any effective treatment for food allergies and sensitivities, other than avoidance. And, I'm not sure that LDI/LDA works for anything. My wife spent a lot of money and time with a respected practitioner, and it bore a lot of resemblance to a dog chasing its tail...occasionally they catch it, but it always gets away again. But, only you can decide if you want to put the money/effort into it.