• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Launch of EMERG - the European ME Research Group

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just seen this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5804522506/permalink/10153044560707507/

IiME on FB said:
IiME and EMEA are forcing change in Europe by facilitating the formation of EMERG - The European ME Research Group

We hope this will be another landmark in changing the way ME is researched, treated and perceived.

A competition for a logo for EMERG is to be set up (the logo here is just something temporary).

Setting up EMERG is thanks to all the efforts of great supporters and teamwork within the European ME Alliance.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
More info here:

http://www.investinme.org/IIME-Newslet-1507-06.htm

IiME said:
IiME Newslett:

17 July 2015

A Future for European Research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

paragraph-line.jpg

For a long time it has been the objective of Invest in ME to forge international collaborations between researchers.

IiME is a member of the European ME Alliance (EMEA) and recently EMEA has joined the European Federation of Neurological Associations in order to promote ME in Europe [1].

With our EMEA colleagues we have also had discussions on forming a European Advisory Board which would allow EMEA to discuss, initiate and fund biomedical research into ME.

This has led to further development of the idea.

During the recent Invest in ME BRMEC5 meeting in May this year [2] discussions with European researchers were conducted about the future of ME research and how better to coordinate and link together research activity in several European countries.

Based upon these conversations there appears to be overwhelming support and enthusiasm from the group of researchers whom IiME/EMEA have brought together to work cooperatively and more effectively.

Forming a group or consortium of European researchers represents a very progressive step in not only helping to establish new collaborations and cement on-going ones but also in developing new research ideas and priorities and bidding for funds that would allow us to work together on joint projects.

This is the genesis of EMERG! The European ME Research Group

The charity and EMEA colleagues are arranging the inaugural meeting in London this autumn - a new and exciting venture for ME research.

Facilitated also by our supportive MPs we will convene the first meeting to bring this together in the hope that rapid and lasting progress can be made in the research, treatment and cure for myalgic encephalomyelitis.

More information will be provided later.

In the meantime EMEA will be setting up a competition to devise a logo for EMERG – The European ME Research Group.

A European logo design competition will help inform patients/members about this development and keep all involved in its progress.

Details of the competition will be available soon on EMEA’s website – but we invite all European patients to begin thinking of designs to support this bold, new venture.

References:

1 EMEA Joins European Federation of Neurological Aassociations
2 Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium 5

Jo Best

There's a page about EMERG on the new Invest in ME Research website:
http://www.investinme.org/em-index.shtml
IiMER posted on Facebook more info:

Amongst the speakers at #BRMEC7 are Professor Olav Mella, Dr Øystein Fluge and Dr Ingrid Gurvin Rekeland from Haukeland University Hospital in Bergen, Norway.
IiMER are also funding the participation of four more from the team and their research partners.

This is part of our EMERG concept to encourage international collaboration between good researchers and research centres.

It will also continue to maintain the great collaborative formed with researchers whom IiMER are funding on B-cell research and the UK rituximab clinical trial.

All good for biomedical research into ME and the future for patients and for prospects of improving the research which is underway or planned.