• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Large dose of Milk Thistle causes worsening for 1 week, then relief for 1 week

I can't figure out why this is happening. Maybe it's a detox reaction then relief? But then why do I return to baseline 2 weeks after dosing?

Any ideas guys?

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
How much did you take?

I took 200mg a couple of times, with almost very (!) good effects until the effects vanished (as usual).

My impression is that it works more effectivily in regions of the brain that are more centralized,
but that´s only an impression.
Maybe it has disrupted connections with such differential effect.

I took a couple of grams. I'm just really confused about why it caused me to to go from worse to better, then back to baseline. You'd think that a supplement is going to either be good or bad, not alternating between both.

i take it everydays since 3 years, and its one of the only things that dont cause bad reactions, just dont feel nothing, well, onece, i took 3 x the daily dose, and felt some different effect, i think due to the glutathione extra production