L-carnitine great results for fatigue

hello everyone, i hope you all doing good
i read thread here someone said that L-carnitine helped them
so i started taking it yesterday, the first day i took 1 pill 500mg, after 30 minutes i felt nice and comfortable feeling inside my body, but i did not felt energy the first day but there was nice feeling and it made me sleepy and feel lazy to the next day,
i have high blood pressure and fast heart beat and very bad fatigue so you know,
the next day which is today i took 2 pills 500mg each, i was still feeling comfortable inside my body but still no energy but at night..
you know what? i started feeling energy at night and im actually lefting weight right now, it does work for me and i hope this will continue
you guys can try it, the brand i took is called valupak L-carnitine 30 pill made in england
so i just wanted to confirm that it works but i don't know if it will last forever or not.

Last edited:

Bansaw

@Bansaw let me understand please, you mean it stopped working for you? how long it lasted?
forgive me my english is not so great, thank you
it worked for a few months and gradually wore off. There are ways I think of resisting the body getting habituated I think. You will have to look that up.

Pyrrhus

I also experienced good energy from acetyl-L-carnitine. (ALCAR)

After 2-3 weeks, I noticed that my sleep was worse.

So, my experience is that ALCAR gave good energy, but bad sleep.

I hope this helps.

@Pyrrhus thanks for your feedback,
doctors says it should be taken in the morning so it won't make you can't sleep at night.
personally, i reached to he point where im about to die from fatigue so i won't mind any side effect from it as long as it can make me have strong energy.

pattismith

I also experienced good energy from acetyl-L-carnitine. (ALCAR)

After 2-3 weeks, I noticed that my sleep was worse.

So, my experience is that ALCAR gave good energy, but bad sleep.

I hope this helps.
I know it looks strange, but carnitine inhibits nuclear action of T3 and T4 hormons; It is dose dependant.

This may explain why the good effect fades after some time.

When I had low thyroid hormons (I had low T3 syndrome), carnitine was not helping me.
Now that my thyroid hormons are higher, I can take carnitine and feel some good effects.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/thy.2000.10.1043

When I was hyperthyroid one year ago, I couldn't tolerate the classical treatment (betabloquant and antithyroid meds).
I stopped taking iodine supplement,
I took Low iodine diet + high Lipoic acid + high acetyl L carnitine + Ivabradine.
(I kept taking selenium of course)
In a few months my thyroid hormons were back to normal and all my auto-antibodies were back to normal in 9 or 10 months.

Pyrrhus

I know it looks strange, but carnitine inhibits nuclear action of T3 and T4 hormons; It is dose dependant.
When I had low thyroid hormons (I had low T3 syndrome), carnitine was not helping me.
Now that my thyroid hormons are higher, I can take carnitine and feel some good effects.
This is a good point, thanks for bringing it up.
As @pattismith mentions, high doses of carnitine/ALCAR can block a cell's use of thyroid hormones.

According to this paper, this can happen with carnitine/ALCAR doses as low as 2 grams:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15591013/

One time, I decided to slowly lower my ALCAR dose in order to find the minimal dose that still gave me energy.
I found that a single 16mg ALCAR dose gave me good energy for three days.
(However, the following days, I had very poor quality sleep.)

MartinK

Hi all,
I am also one of those for which carnitine stopped working after some time. I used some other supplements, but I attribute the main improvement to l-carnitine (tried two forms - A-L-C and L-C Tartrate).
Three months was amazing - only low and short PEMs and more energy, less inflammation.

Has any of you found out if recovery effects can be achieved? Get higher thyroid hormones @pattismith ?
Next month I will blood test it!