• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kidney pain with phospholipids

Hi, I've been taking a number of things for a few years that will cause kidney pain for me. NAC, glutathione, phospholipids. I've given up on NAC and glutathione because of a genova nutraeval 2 years ago which showed high lipid peroxides, and not awful glutathione levels so I figure if all 3 will give me kidney pain I might as well go with the NTfactor. I can only take 1/6th of a scoop at a time, and sometimes even that will give me some pain.

I remember a chris shade interview where he was saying kidney pain after supplements like these is often the liver not able to process toxins fast enough, so they get pushed off to the kidneys. My kidney #s are fine, from what I was told in march anyways. So my guess is that it's the liver that isn't moving enough.

I take bitters, which helped with my gallbladder pain back when that was an issue. I also take Apo-Hetat from pekana.

Does anyone have any advice on this situation, or think it's not the liver that's the problem?

Thanks
ttttttt

andyguitar

I remember a chris shade interview where he was saying kidney pain after supplements like these is often the liver not able to process toxins fast enough, so they get pushed off to the kidneys
Does anyone have any advice on this situation, or think it's not the liver that's the problem?
The answer will depend in part on how long after taking the supps you get pain.

On an empty stomach, the phospholipids can give me pain within an hour, but can be slower. I remember the NAC taking 6 or 8 hours sometimes.

Somebody pointed out to me that my kidneys were a bit higher than where that pain is. Now I've gotta go back to those Chris Shade interviews where he's talking about the proximal tubules. Looks like this one might have some info.

Anybody else have any experience like this?