Kava kava

andyguitar

Not seen any credible reports about it being addictive, but I suppose that it would be possible to become psychologically dependent on it. That can happen with pretty much anything. If you are worried about it being toxic go for a small dose and don't take it for months on end.

Hope4

Desert of SW USA
@Sarah Metcalf I've heard people say they like taking kava kava. I've tried it a few times, even taking only half a capsule before retiring. It made me feel drugged, sort of "knocked out", and I had a strange drugged feeling for all the next day, and into the day after. I don't remember the name of the brand or the amounts in the capsules.

I can't say anything about its effects on the liver. Sorry.

Ok ive read mixed things about kava kava root. @Hip said that kava kava is not addictive and you dont build up a tolerance. But have seen other people saying that it was addictive for them?

Also, I've seen reports that it can be very bad for your liver?

I use to make Kava tea every night for 1-2 years and drank 2-3 strong cups. I never became addicted to it, I just liked the relaxed mellow feeling it gave me.

I stopped drinking it for some reason, I don't remember now why, it was a long time ago. Quitting wasn't an issue at all.

EDIT- I didn't build up a tolerance either. Even after 1-2 years of drinking it almost daily.