• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kapidex and Its Side Effects

Carrigon

The doc gave me samples of Kapidex to try for the acid reflux. I took one yesterday, and while it worked great on the acid, it gave me a million awful side effects and I don't recommend taking this drug.

I was awake pretty much all night long from the Kapidex. It jacks you up like someone gave you cocaine, you can't sleep. Fairly rapid heart beat, bloats you up, makes you retain fluid. My fingers are swollen today from it and it made my arthritis hurt alot more. I had weird pains in my head. I also had a rise in body temperature to where I was hot all night, and I'm usually always freezing to death. Bloats up your intestines and gives you pressure on the bladder, awful side effect. In general, I feel awful from taking this drug, and that was just one pill.

But there's no heartburn, and my sinus problems are better after just the one dose and no throat pain. But its pluses don't do me any good if I feel like crap from all the millions of side effects. And I really feel that bad today. No sleep and tossing and turning all night with water retention and stuff. This drug is an epic fail.

Carrigon

And there is still no heartburn. I took this one pill yesterday morning, it's now been about a day and half with absolutely no heartburn at all. Sinus symptoms are a lot better to almost gone. Throat pain is gone. No feeling of my throat closing up tonight. So that's all the pluses.

The bad stuff is, I had to go to sleep this morning cause it kept me up all night like I mentioned above. Still a bit bloated from it. And had to eat flax seeds for the constipation. Also, had massive headache until I finally took pain pills.

Since it made me retain fluid, no major bought of POTS today. I was able to walk over to the office across street without feeling like I was about to pass out. However, I suspect this drug ran my pressure dangerously high and that's why the bad head pain.

I still don't recommend this thing, however, I am so grateful for the no stomach acid pain right now. And all that horrible mucus that's been plaguing me since the swine flu is a million times better. I know what happened with that now. All the times I spent puking from the swine flu made the acid reflux a thousand times worse to where it was causing the sinus infections and some kind of throat infection. Just don't think I can stay on this drug, though. Too many bad side effects.

Carrigon

The heartburn came back. So it was about two full days of no heartburn from one single pill. But trust me, the side effects were not worth it. I took Pepsid AC tonight instead.