• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

July Solve ME Webinar: Disability Insurance & ME/CFS

Emily Taylor

Disability Insurance Attorney Andrew Kantor from Kantor & Kantor, LLP joins us to explain the ins and outs of filing for disability under an ERISA (employer-sponsored) Policy when disabled from ME/CFS.

Register for the webinar here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/regist…/7859837279936060428

We'll discuss common pitfalls patients face when applying, how to best protect yourself from a denial of benefits from a biased insurance company, and what to if you have received that denial.

Just started the process today, can already tell this is going to be a headache.
Insurance rep wanted to make it clear they only evaluate objective findings. Maybe I should invite them to spend a day in the life of ME.

toyfoof

I thought it was very helpful, especially if you get denied and need to appeal. The lawyer really understood ME/CFS and how to make the claim/appeal work for us. It said it would be recorded and made available at the Solve ME/CFS website. @Emily Taylor do you have the link?