• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Join us to welcome Chris Armstrong & more

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Some really exciting news here. So happy this is happening, Chris is such a great researcher and all round top guy. An amazing end-of-year too, thank you all so much.

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Friends,

Christopher Armstrong, PhD, Joins Our OMF Team

iJaXTmGusrxKqAeMWvMJFC4loL_M483la5B36YaLaXFtFcF3Tm15reXupax3y3viVaxZm_B6mMGT6Amkmgx7Yf72x4zpPp1Y-5Z_dCGOxhcQRy4DHATbhHInOkQox737M_A5jPG38XRkRnDJzX2dYiU=s0-d-e1-ft
You may have already heard our exciting news that Chris Armstrong has moved to the United States and has been working with our OMF team as our Science Liaison. Chris is most well known for his research using metabolomics to observe biochemical alterations in ME/CFS patients. He began his work in the field at the University of Melbourne, beginning a PhD project to apply metabolomics to study ME/CFS and published the first ME/CFS metabolomics study on blood and urine in 2015. We are thrilled to have Chris working with us.

$1,700,000 Raised End-of-Year Thanks to Donor Challenges

We are tremendously grateful to the Brill family, who in honor of their grandson who suffers from ME/CFS, generously donated $600,000 at the end of the year towards matching gifts that successfully brought in a total of $1,700,000 with their inspiring matching donor challenges.

What inspired their donation, said Mr. Brill was that "The sooner Dr. Davis has meaningful funding, the sooner he will be able to achieve a cure for ME/CFS." One of the matching donors shared, "We are making this contribution in hopes that new research will lead to help our nephew and all those suffering from this debilitating and much underfunded illness."

We thank the very generous Brill Family and our tremendous matching donors for recognizing the importance of encouraging others to join the OMF movement to end ME/CFS.

ME/CFS Advocates and Researchers Take on DC

OMF will be joining MEAction and Solve ME/CFS Initiative for their Lobby Day on the Hill. Our community will unite and stand together as one on April 3 as we and many volunteers visit members of Congress. Come out and join us!

Immediately following the Lobby Day, OMF will have a significant presence at the Trans-NIH Working Group's Accelerating Research on ME/CFS Conference at the NIH Bethesda, Maryland campus on April 4 - 5. Many members of our scientific team are speaking at this conference. In addition, OMF is sponsoring lunch and coffee breaks on both days in order to allow time for increased networking and collaboration opportunities. Please join us and sign up to attend the conference in person or via Livestream.

In addition, NIH is also hosting, Thinking the Future: A Workshop for Young/Early Career Investigators, on April 3. Linda Tannenbaum will be speaking on a panel alongside other Non Profit Research Funders.

International Research Symposium on ME/CFS in Australia

We want to thank Emerge Australia for hosting an important international research symposium on ME/CFS, supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health. We are honored that several members of our scientific team, including our Scientific Advisory Board Director, Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Scientific Advisory Board members Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD, and Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, and our Science Liaison Christopher Armstrong, PhD, will be presenting at the upcoming ME/CFS International Research Symposium in Victoria, Australia March 12 - 15. Our team is thrilled to expand collaborations around the globe as part of this conference. Read more details about the program here.

Worldwide Tour Expands to Denmark

OMF's Worldwide Tour will continue this summer. Linda Tannenbaum will be speaking in Copenhagen, Denmark on June 2 immediately following the Invest in ME Research International ME Conference and Community Day in London. We want to thank ME Foreningen (ME Association, Denmark) for planning and hosting this event.

Second Annual May Momentum

With May being the month of awareness, our May Momentum activities provide opportunities to grow awareness, momentum, and support. Keep an eye on your inbox for news and ways to get involved.

B

raghav

Sorry for not being clear I meant
International Research Symposium on ME/CFS in Australia. March 12-15

Gemini

Sorry for not being clear I meant
International Research Symposium on ME/CFS in Australia. March 12-15
@raghav I just sent an e-mail to the Australian Symposium organizers inquiring if there will be livestreaming, YouTube, or DVD's of the presentations.

Agenda/speakers are quite impressive, will let you know if I get a response.

Thanks for raising the question.

Gemini

@raghav I just sent an e-mail to the Australian Symposium organizers inquiring if there will be livestreaming, YouTube, or DVD's of the presentations.
@raghav Amy Gibson, Emerge Australia Information Officer's timely response:

"Plans are to livestream, live tweet, and have recordings available through our website after the event."

She said they'll be posting further information about livestreaming on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/EmergeAustraliaInc

Gemini

@Gemini - I don't think there is a post on this, could you do a separate thread to notify others?
@Diwi9, thanks for noting that, I just put a post up in "General News" and "Upcoming Events"

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ia-research-symposium-march-12-15-2019.75336/

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...al-research-symposium-march-12-15-2019.75331/

I'll e-mail Symposium organizers and suggest they post updates on their planned livestreaming here on PR as well as their Facebook site.