• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Join OMF at Harvard to meet our science team

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

A very exciting event coming up:

wrxLIxOz6y2sPYjaqi5BeejFxn3oP6-AJutB3v9Rp7NFhQtm5md5DRwxoYSRMdm7auRmXWVUhQMxdVMw6peE2CJyvtFd1StLZnp33RkwXWULiR0tR3NMQlGbvBdlKb3f6kXN9k01CMLWwjw=s0-d-e1-ft

Finding Clarity:
The Inaugural Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration
Symposium

Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) is pleased to sponsor the inaugural Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration 2019 Scientific and Public Symposium: Finding Clarity.

The Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration 2019 Public Symposium will follow a one-day scientific meeting with more than 30 researchers. Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, and Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, co-directors of the OMF-funded Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration at Harvard Affiliated Hospitals have assembled a stellar team of researchers for both the scientific meeting and the public day. Ronald W. Davis, PhD, OMF Scientific Advisory Board Director will be in attendance as well. Please join us and meet our team in person.

Public Symposium
Saturday, June 8, 2019
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
AMC Assembly Row 12
395 Artisan Way
Somerville, Massachusetts

(Parking is available at the Artisan West Garage.)

There is no charge for this event.

Space is limited - Kindly RSVP by May 31.

Reserve your space today.

This event will be recorded and made available.

yKAesFRr6zpMWhVguZ45dlHDjO5VwZAgz7LjllYMzfEwEWuv1l6HxjB2zV1yCSoTxH0LrQnhJz2c9guGGrHMBZLmB6bc6Jue5nXksshqIp_qF1q-gucobCD20sFb4djwUogoH6hIkIBU4cUKXyqYU6tw=s0-d-e1-ft

Support open and collaborative research and meetings.

www.omf.ngo

B​

ljimbo423

The Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration 2019 Public Symposium will follow a one-day scientific meeting with more than 30 researchers.

Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, and Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, co-directors of the OMF-funded Harvard ME/CFS Collaboration at Harvard Affiliated Hospitals have assembled a stellar team of researchers for both the scientific meeting and the public day.

Thanks for posting this Ben.

I feel very strongly that the OMF's primary focus of the immune system, brain, gut and mitochondria, encompasses the primary cause and pathways of ME/CFS. That's why I feel it's SO important for meetings and symposiums like this one!

I feel like researchers already have a lot of the answers but just haven't been able to connect the dots because each researcher has their own specialty. So they are limited when it comes to making other connections within other body systems.

For instance, Jarred Younger's specific area of knowledge is the brain and he doesn't know a lot about the gut etc.

This is why I get excited about these kinds of meetings. I'm hoping they will be able to get some insights from each other. To help each other connect the dots so to speak, get more answers and pass those answers on to us.:):thumbsup:

Wow @Ben H ! Great news!

Is there an agenda posted anywhere? I know there is a great team at Harvard. Would love to see who will be speaking.