• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

JC-Virus and ME/CFS

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi!
I'm low positive for JC-Virus. It has a strong link to MS. But I can't find positive studies for ME.

Anyone who knows more about it?

Thanks!
12BDE270-31D6-465E-AA91-8077D4BF6D76.jpeg

It doesn't have link to the developpement of MS.
It's a very frequent virus. When treating MS patients with biological therapies like natalizumab there is a risk of reactivation of JC virus and developpement of PML. That's why we do the serology in MS patients. If a patient is JC positive some treatements are countrindicated.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

It doesn't have link to the developpement of MS.
It's a very frequent virus. When treating MS patients with biological therapies like natalizumab there is a risk of reactivation of JC virus and developpement of PML. That's why we do the serology in MS patients. If a patient is JC positive some treatements are countrindicated.
Like immunosuppressant therapies. My immune system is very weak (very low B cells). Do I have to worry ?