• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Japanese Knotweed - Brand EU/UK

godlovesatrier

Has anyone found a brand of Japanese Knotweed extract from a reputable company like Pukka? I am trying to find a good extracted form as the raw form of knotweed gives me pretty awful stomach pains and diehrrea. Which I would rather not go through again. I'm wanting to take it as a sort of anti biotic experiment as I don't have any good natural anti biotics. Cryptolepis is supposed to be brilliant but in my experience did very little. So I am looking for a Knotweed extract brand if anyone knows one.

Thanksm

Wolfcub

I have always found Echinacea angustifolia root tincture, raw Garlic, and Thyme to be pretty good herbal antibiotics. Myrrh is also good. Those are the ones I've tried particularly in the past, and they got rid of some pretty nasty infections I managed to get in those days.

There is also Oregano oil , grapefruit seed extract, Olive leaf extract and Astragalus.

Bu I haven't any knowledge of Japanese knotweed

godlovesatrier

There not very strong when I use them. The thing about knotweed is that it's very strong in taste which for me is normally a sign it's strong at killing things. I'm not saying thyme and oregano aren't. But I've tried oregano to no effect. Raw garlic doesn't work either. Olive leaf was fairly useles for me. However astragalus is a great t cell booster and overall immune booster. For example I have a skin infection which is only responding to anti bacterial soap. I'm on my second anti biotic cream and the rash is only half better.

Plus I'm having bacterial issues regularly so there must be a connection somewhere. Knotweed is my next one to try. Lauricidin has done nothing for my skin infection. In fact it may have made it worse.

Thanks wolfcub

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I've been using Swanson Brand but that might not be what you're looking for.

As for thyme, if you have any in the house, I would suggest giving that a try. I put a tablespoon in about a litre and a half of water and heat in a slow cooker for about 4 hours before straining.

Then I drink the strong tea throughout the day. It gives me a boost. If you can get organic that's best but to save money for now, you could use what is in your spice cupboard just to try it out.

If you go down the page on this site he gives a useful chart of some of the bacterias and their resistance to different herbs. https://cfsremission.com/treatment/antibacterial-herbs-for-cfs/

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
@godlovesatrier, I should have added that I drink a small amount throughout the day. Don't drink it full force in huge amounts because it can upset the stomach, I will put about 50ml (hope that's a correct metric conversion) into a glass and then drink it that way or add water to fill the glass and dilute it. It's very potent.

godlovesatrier

Thanks Judee. I gave that a go. I've been feeling very spaced out since tho. Don't know if it's just ME or something else. But I suspect ice just got a cold or something.

At any rate I drank it over the weekend and hoping it's shifted something. Back on the andrographis for now until I can afford to get some knotweed from Bristol botanicals. I'll have to try raw powder again as I really can't find any extracts. Thanks all