• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Itraconazole and nystatin advice

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with anti-fungals itraconazole and nystatin? I'd like to hear the good and the bad if the stories are out there :)

I tested positive for aspergillus antibodies with Armin Labs, my result for aspergillus IgM antibodies was 190 (normal levels 50 and below). So I am being advised to take itraconazole for one month (possibly longer depending on results) and nystatin dissolved in water via nebuliser.

My LDH reading was also elevated if anyone knows what this could mean? My GP says inflammation in the body, but no knowing where.

My GP told me yesterday that my digestive problems (I'm really struggling with the ketogenic diet; smoothies and eating big meals can make me have diarrhea; I have IBS) could be due in part because of fungus in the gut - does anyone have experience of that and getting rid of it?

I'm concerned I'll make my digestive and energy issues worse with these medications, so any advice is really appreciated - thank you!