• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Isoprinosine where to buy

Hip

You can consider using the supplement inosine instead. Some ME/CFS doctors think this is just as good, since isoprinosine contains inosine.

Banana94

@Hip thanks for your post. I have already read that Inosine could have the same effect. I will try first the Isoprinosine and then compare it with Inosin. I just got the contact details from himmunitas of a pharmacy in belgium which would ship it to me. 40tabs 500mg cost 17Euros. Not very cheap, but can afford it to test if it helps me

Hip

Immunomodulators like inosine and oxymatrine usually take a couple of months to start showing benefits, so it may be a while before your see good effects. Sometimes these immunomodulators can make you feel worse before you get better.

Banana94

yes I know that I have to take it at least 6 months. Do you have experience with isoprinosine @Hip ?
KDM recommends 2 x 2 500mg a day. But here on PR are also people which follow Dr cheney recommendation to take it pulsed..

Hip

I have tried oxymatrine, but I did not notice much benefit, nor worsening, even after 3 months. Inosine I have tried for a month, without noticing much worsening or improvement. I should try inosine for longer.

pattismith

I have tried oxymatrine, but I did not notice much benefit, nor worsening, even after 3 months. Inosine I have tried for a month, without noticing much worsening or improvement. I should try inosine for longer.

What dose would you take for Inosine?( I have low CD8 lymphocytes and low immunity against virus, and consider trying it)

Ema

I can’t tolerate isoprinosine for some reason. I’ve tried several times. Yet I’m fine with inosine, and it brings my uric acid levels right up into the normal range pretty quickly.

I used to do the Cheney pulsing, but now I just take 1000 mg of inosine, twice a day, and take a week off at the end of every bottle.

Last edited:
Immunomodulators like inosine and oxymatrine usually take a couple of months to start showing benefits, so it may be a while before your see good effects. Sometimes these immunomodulators can make you feel worse before you get better.

Hello,

I started Isoprinosin treatment following the 2 months on/ 1 month off protocol (4 grams/day first week, 1 gram/day second week, no treatment during weekend) a couple of weeks ago. A person I know who actually went from bed bound to full time job thanks to immunovir told me that for the benefits showed within the first weeks, and she would even relapse during the weekends when she was of medication.

I've had a significant worsening of the ME/CGS symptoms since starting taking Iso and I feel reluctant to continue for six months. Is there a consensus that it can take up to 6 months to see any benefits?

Thanks

Hip

Is there a consensus that it can take up to 6 months to see any benefits?

I am not too sure about the timescale for Imunovir, but for oxymatrine the timescale is typically 2 months or so: patients may slowly get worse for around 6 weeks, experiencing a worsening of ME/CFS symptoms, then sometimes even experience a few days of flu-like illness at around the 6 week point, after which they then feel a lot better.

What you can consider is taking lower doses of Imunovir or inosine, and then build up the dose slowly over several months. This is what people do with oxymatrine: they start with one pill a day, and over many weeks build up to 6 pills.

But I am not familiar with the exact Imunovir protocol that doctors employ.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
As Hip has said, good idea to start at one immunovir a day and slowly build up to 6 tabs. My experience and what i have seen from others is that they prefer to take 6 tabs a day ie 2 tabs 3 times a day continuously for several weeks to couple of months and take a week off. Many feel their quality of life decreases when not taking immunovir on weekends or cycling high and low doses week about. But uric acid levels from immunovir need to be taken into consideration.

Another thought that's bugging me. I belong to the sub-group of ME/CFS patients that seem to have an immune system stuck on red alert. While the rest of the family brings home common colds from school and work I've been almost bullet proof since I fell ill. So my issue is not a week immune system, on the opposite an over-active one.

While jumping on Isoprinosine mainly due to its antiviral properties, I've started pondering whether it's really a good idea to take a med that strengthens the immune system and its killer cells?

Hip

So my issue is not a week immune system, on the opposite an over-active one.

There are several threads on why ME/CFS patients usually rarely catch colds (although some patients seem to catch more infections than usual). One theory is that immune weakness in one area leads to other parts of the immune system such as the interferon response being ramped up to compensate.