• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is NIACIN good or bad for us?

keenly

hi

i want to do william rea's detox; i have MAJOR allergies and MCS.

It involves large dose niacin; is this a good idea?

Paul

Frank

Keenly i will try the niacin flush in one of the comming weeks. My allergies however are probably not as bad as yours. I've managed to improve a lot of symptoms of MCS. Altough i still have problems with parfums, I can stand daily doses of diflucan and artesunate, as well as a lot of other medications and supplements. The only way you will know it is trying..

SaraM

My B3 level showed very low after testing. Start with a low dose . 300 mg gives me the flush.

keenly

Chris

I tried Niacin after deciding to quite statins--I had a disastrous return of Premature Ventricular Contractions, verified in Emerg, and was told this had been observed before. I quit Niacin. Chris

Ema

I just tried niacin for about a week.

The vasodilation made me have pain all over my body. It was not good for me at all.

peggy-sue

It turned me into a prickly beetroot for hours.:p
Michael refused to take me out to the shops looking like that.

It's didn't help with energy, on that one occassion I took it.

I didn't try it again, because the "prickly beetroot" bit was so alarming.